Lost 5000 bucks on a FAT Finger mistake

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by silent creature, Aug 1, 2007.

1. This is obviously a mistake by IB. I don't know why they don't own up and replace your losses! :D

Jus f*ckin around. Seems like whenever there is a mistake around here it is always IB's fault... :p

I can't count the number of screwups I have done. And amazingly, overwhelmingly, incredibly, they cost me money. You'd think just from luck I'd get SOME profits. But NOOOOO....

Good trading to all. :cool:

#31     Aug 2, 2007
  2. HEY SILENT.. what were you trading in taking your loss?

#32     Aug 2, 2007
  3. YM, why do you want to know

are you the one who took my money, you bastard :D

#33     Aug 2, 2007
  4. live and learn.

ive done the same thing as well.

there is no shame in it.

worse one i had was fat fingering in some of the back months of euribor i trade. - $25000 loss. nothing i could do about it.

i also had some go my way but never the same amount as the loss.

one thing i do subscribe to is this.

if you ever trade on a mistake no matter if its a profit or loss get out straight away as it was never part of your game plan.

#34     Aug 2, 2007
  5. must have been about 20-50 "Cars"...contracts...correct?

#35     Aug 2, 2007
  6. dont

dont

if you ever trade on a mistake no matter if its a profit or loss get out straight away as it was never part of your game plan. [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't quite agree, if its a profit get out straight away.

If its a loss toss a coin heads close straight away, tails leave it and this is important for the length of time you leave a normal trade and use the same stop as on a normal trade.

Assuming you make a few of these mistakes over your career and half go against you half for you when you leave them open you should on average halve your losses.

But you really have to flip a coin and you really have to stick to the time stop!

#36     Aug 2, 2007
  7. I've starred in this show before. However not to the tune of 5K but none the less, it still sucks.

#37     Aug 2, 2007