Lost 5000 bucks on a FAT Finger mistake

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by silent creature, Aug 1, 2007.

1. increase - the 'trade confirm' button is for newbie's that want a chance to chicken out of taking a trade or have a reason to blame something for not being able to get into a winner. Seriously. Once you start trading and realize that confirm step just gets in your way, you'll understand.

#21     Aug 1, 2007
  2. No problem buddy, unless this is a huge impact on your capital, keep it up!

We all made tons of this "fat finger" or hot keys errors in times of direct.acces trading, good that you came up and tell the error without any shame.

The most important is to keep the mind focus and that you don't try to recover this extra loss quick, this usually leads to a follow-through loss.

#22     Aug 1, 2007
  3. Learned that lesson in the past as well.

#23     Aug 1, 2007
  4. GET OUT This is a recipe for disaster. I have been there.

#24     Aug 1, 2007
  5. I agree, not a good idea

#25     Aug 1, 2007
  6. Yep... Ive done the big fat finger mistake as well.....

You get out quick. Dust yourself off and move on....

#26     Aug 1, 2007
  7. Dudes, if you've read his previous posts, he's more or less an investor, not a full fledged trader. Doesn't have the ultratight risk parameters like traders do.

#27     Aug 1, 2007
  8. gangof4

gangof4

i made a fat head mistake TWICE today:

i've been having trouble with TWS where it's taking a good second to go from click to green (sits @ blue). anyway... put in a few trial limits well away from market to check the lag- clicked the wrong side of booktrader (doh) and, of course, immediate execution- cost me 3 points, as luck would have it, the ER2 was breaking out as i was errantly going short. pretty much sums up my trading prowess today...

#28     Aug 1, 2007
  9. mujoh

mujoh

#29     Aug 1, 2007
  10. you are smart to read my posts, not a joke.

but perhaps not as smart in interpretation :)

#30     Aug 1, 2007