Lost 5000 bucks on a FAT Finger mistake

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by silent creature, Aug 1, 2007.

1. lost 5 k because I thought my position was long , in 1 minute it took to correct the mistake 5 k gone

Have at me gentlemen

have at me,

I deserve it. :(

2. Sorry to hear about the loss. Hope you make it back soon.

3. I have 1000% more respect for those who admit their mistakes than those who come here pretending they're always making the right decision.

Stupidity happens. We beat ourselves over it and move on.

If we're smart.

4. do you not use a "trade confirm" button?...very sorry to hear about your loss..seriously

5. Fat finger mistakes are easier to understand or defend than fat headed mistakes...

6. I lost $785 in 16 seconds this AM because my auto-entered-upon-execution ER2 stop was too tight. I shorted nicely and it backed up on me in a blink of an eye. It then stopped dead in its tracks after stopping me and then went in what would have been my favor for over three points.

Don't beat yourself up over it. We all make mistakes, ESPECIALLY in this much highly voliatility we're enjoying. The fat fingers/tight stops that worked (or didn't hurt us) two weeks ago is screwing us right now.

7. That bright side is this is easily correctable and I highly doubt you will do it again. Sorry to hear about your loss.

8. of course not, haven't used trade confirm for long time

that is the price for it I guess

9. lassic

lassic

[​IMG]

10. LOL that is way too funny :D

#10     Aug 1, 2007