Losses just aren't that bad. Even long strings of them.

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by jnbadger, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Lustrous

Lustrous

Losses are part of trading. You shouldn’t be trading if you can’t deal with losses. Big or small losses, try to learn from them. So you can learn from them and grow your account.

#61     Jun 7, 2022
  2. maxinger

maxinger

Losses just aren't that bad. Even long strings of them.
    because you will have many companies.

the majority of the traders (90%!) will be in this category.
    you just have to top up your trading account again and again and again.

you should set max number of losses / day.
    once you hit the limit, stop trading for the day.

you should set max number of losses / week.
    once you hit the limit, stop trading for the week.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    #62     Jun 7, 2022
  3. there is no one who can avoid loss completely , this is very common issue that will happen for all time. so traders should be prepared always.

#63     Jun 22, 2022
  4. My average win rate is about 70% over the long run. Sometimes though, i have days where the average is 40%. If i can come away on those days with a profit or a small loss I'm ahead of the game.

#64     Jun 22, 2022
  5. loss happens for common mistake but if we do same mistake again and again then its call a choose not a mistake.

#65     Jul 2, 2022
  6. losses are inevitable, no one always win at the market cause that just impossible. As long as you can keep your w/l ratio good enough to make a profit. That's all that matters.

#66     Jul 19, 2022
  7. If you are learning and improving from them, losses can help you understand errors in trading, which can help you become a better trader in the longer run.

#67     Jul 21, 2022
  8. Losses in forex are inevitable. Only proper risk management is the way for mitigating the risks involved with forex.

#68     Jul 25, 2022
  9. traders' psychology when dealing with losses is what can separate successful traders as they can recover and continue to improve their trade while others will just give up.

#69     Aug 7, 2022
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Correct. I have covered this numerous times.

#70     Aug 8, 2022