Losing Trades Archive

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick1, Apr 4, 2015.

1. No, Price closed above the 20ema and made a higher high (that's 2 of 3 criteria needed to change direction, the other is a trendline break) My next trade was long @49.97.My target was 50.31 but I had to close for +7 ticks because of my inside bar rule for moving my stop. No trades for me after that as I didn't have any more valid setups before 12est. (that's my cutoff time for new entries)
    Have a great Easter I'll be back at it on Tuesday

#11     Apr 4, 2015
    Maverick1 likes this.
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Yes Sir..., it was - and I would / will - every time it materializes

RN

#12     Apr 5, 2015
  3. TRADE1 - BLUE CIRCLE - LOSER - -3NQ POINTS
    (was looking for a breakout of the little flag. Stopped me out violently at around the market open)
    TRADE3 - 2ND RED CIRCLE - LOSER - 5NQ POINTS
    (was looking for a similar trade to the red circle trade before this one that DID work)

• nq.JPG
      nq.JPG
      File size:
      45.7 KB
      Views:
    #13     Apr 5, 2015
    fortydraws likes this.
  4. Maverick1

Maverick1

I follow you, good job on staying with your plan.

And Happy Easter!

#14     Apr 5, 2015
  5. Maverick1

Maverick1

Brian, thanks. What days was this? Can't identify.

#15     Apr 5, 2015
  6. 2nd April - Thursday

#16     Apr 5, 2015
  7. Maverick1

Maverick1

Thanks, got it.

#17     Apr 5, 2015
  8. Handle123

Handle123

I have losses every single day, it is frustrating, but it is one of thousands in lifetime and by next day I forgotten it. As to my Trading Plan, I didn't do anything wrong, so the Plan lost. Maybe not buying much in October is the answer, :D. I normally only trade Dow30 (love the dividends and must have decent volume options and several ETFs). I would have done same exact trade again just as I did.

I was buying trendline bounces-trend up, Protective stop is August lows good support, first trade bought on limit and did Put Credit Spreads, each day after I sell Calls when price hits BB, next couple days selling Calls, 2nd stock entry another trendline bounce, oh boy it open lower so better price and I will do better on doing the Put Credit Spreads, positive by close and sell more call options and heavier volume-profs accumulating, next day opens on BB, sell more calls, but......bath day, lose on stock, lose on Put Spreads but made on Calls. Over all loses, calls saved me a bit.

Happy Holidays All

• JPM.png
      JPM.png
      File size:
      118.1 KB
      Views:
    #18     Apr 5, 2015
  9. Maverick1

Maverick1

Brian,

If you don't mind me asking, on the trade3, were you taking the break of the trendline because trend was down for you?

#19     Apr 5, 2015
  10. Maverick1

Maverick1

Hi Handle,

I feel your pain on that one but like the Tom Basso approach re 1 in 1000. Very nice using the calls to hedge your bullish spreads. Let me ask you this, if price hadn't moved down, where would your exit have been? Would you have trailed your stop higher?

#20     Apr 5, 2015