LOSING traders - How much money and time have you lost?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Airwaves, Mar 26, 2010.

1. :)

#31     Mar 27, 2010
  2. lol, Up 200pips now since stopping me!
    I find it amazing how this happens. Its one thing getting wiped out on a big move against you, but always at about the exact low tick of the run?? That is some serious bad luck that i have!

#32     Mar 29, 2010
  3. Lethn

Lethn

Quiet you *thwaps*

#33     Mar 29, 2010
  4. Lol. I actually wonder if anyone has tried this strategy in real life with significant $$$. I know one trader who actively looks for "losers" and fades them on moderate size until they puke out their positions, but it's not his main strategy. Seems to work well though.

#34     Mar 29, 2010
  5. Would have worked nice against me, lol.
    Wuold have took about 3 ticks of heat, and been up about 280 ticks this morning.
    As I predicted in my initial post, i got stopped at the exact swing low.

#35     Mar 30, 2010
  6. DrEvil

DrEvil

Been there done that. What time frame are you trading?

Word of advice. Take a good look at your risk because how you manage risk in a trade is very important.

#36     Mar 30, 2010
  7. Your story is the story of most trader wannabes. But your outcome is not what people read in the spam email, postal mail, magazine ad, Trading 101 book, website, Ebay can't miss trading system or other glossy ad telling people how easy it is to trade their way to riches...

#37     Mar 30, 2010
  8. haha good ole spongey, man that was a fun stock

#38     Mar 30, 2010
  9. I imagine so.
    At this point its not even the consistent losing that hurts, its the fact that the point at which i am forced to liquidate my positions ALWAYS marks an important swing high/low! lol

(notice the 350 pip rally in GBPUSD since stopping me at the low a few days ago??)!!

What is YOUR 'story' out of interest?
    I take it you dont trade?

Thanks

#39     Mar 30, 2010
  10. I've tried most timeframes over the years, and trading using levels from hourly charts, and signal from 5 and 15min charts gave me the *best* results, although obviously not good enough!!

#40     Mar 30, 2010