losing streaks

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by eusdaiki, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Acapulco Gold

#21     Sep 30, 2005
  2. I have to agree with risk taker. Specially if you consider that your strategy might be more effective on a certain kind of market, and perhaps not very effective in another market.

#22     Sep 30, 2005
  3. Break a bad streak. Trade by trade. First you need 1 good trade. Then two. I agree with some past posts to cut your size(bump it up when in a zone). I have walked away for 6 months at times. When you are not seeing it and or are to close in the box(trading every move) take a break. One thing is when you are a good trader and are allways on the rightside(most of the times) when you start to lose the EGO/ANGER come out in all of us. To control these emotions are the tough part(or else everyone would be trading"why work"). To me the best trader is the person who knows himself the best(along with knowing how the markets work). Good luck

#23     Sep 30, 2005
  4. Those are wise words bro...
    From the Art of War by Sun Tzu

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.
    If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
    If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

#24     Sep 30, 2005
  5. fstrader

fstrader

Definitely, know yourself. If you don't, the market will teach you to soon enough. But, should we view the market as the enemy? If so, I like Lao Tse's quote:

The best soldier does not attack. The superior fighter succeeds without violence. The greatest conqueror wins without struggle...This is intelligent nonaggressiveness. This is called the mastery of [markets].

(slightly altered)

#25     Oct 1, 2005