Losing some faith in US dollar, where to park cash?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Cuddles, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Which coin is holding best against the dollar during this crisis?
    Thoughts of which will hold up best?

Considered CAD & AUD, but Canada is really tied to US economy & Australia has a really small economy.

2. zdreg

zdreg

Why do care about the size of the economy? You should only care about direction.

IAlwaysWin and AKUMATOTENSHI like this.
  3. I have an online business and the only businesses who are still making payments are Australian (or Russian). Everyone else is trying to get out of paying or take a discount. Pretty sure this means nothing.

But... For fun:

Since beer virus hit the news (these numbers are rounded):

upload_2020-3-18_7-58-37.png

Same time last year:

upload_2020-3-18_7-59-11.png

And the year before that:

upload_2020-3-18_7-59-40.png

Snuskpelle likes this.
  4. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

While a bit tangential to the thread and anecdotal, interesting stats nonetheless.

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

curious about the country makeup myself

6. Fx-Game

Fx-Game

Gold, silver, buy yourself a farm ; )

AKUMATOTENSHI likes this.
  7. dozu888

dozu888

idiot have you looked at the USD chart.

8. Cuddles

Cuddles

idiot, did you look at the NASDAQ two months ago? Do you only act retroactively or ever consider doing so proactively? Never mind, you're a permabull

9. "They" have been whining about the $USD going away for years. FACT is, however, it's still the cleanest dirty shirt... as the rest of the countries hose their own currency even worse.

Dollar.PNG

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  10. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

You should stay away from AUD at all cost until this whole Corona business passes. I would stick to the majors like USDJPY and EURUSD. AUD is currently in the greatest downturn since the 2008 recession and I think it could drop into the 0.56000's or lower. You could short the AUD but finding a good high would be nearly impossible at this point. You pretty much missed the boat on the big short because at any point things could turn completely around.

#10     Mar 18, 2020