losing a message when someone's box is full

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gordon Gekko, Apr 15, 2003.

1. I know this is not the end of the world. I'm only trying to help ET because I like it.

I just typed a 2999 character PM to someone. When I tried to send it, it said their box was full. I hit the back button and my message was gone. :(

Usually I copy long messages before I send them, in case this happens, but I forgot to this time. It would be nice if when someone's box is full, when the message comes up that their box is full, your outgoing message is displayed with a suggestion to copy it and send later. Something like that...

Is this a great suggestion or what?! hehe

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Your're right though, it's annoying to have that happen. I'll see if I can figure out a solution.

Thanks for the suggestion.

3. nitro

nitro

A better way is to type it into a Notepad, save it, then copy and paste it into a PM. Then, if it doesn't go, you still have it.

Not as clean as having it stored on ET though...

nitro

4. Can you have ET place it in a "drafts" folder for users temporarily until a successful send flag removes it from drafts? If it is not successfully sent, it remains in the drafts folder. Just a thought.

5. Another thing that happens, if someone on your Ignore List sends you a private message it will say you have a new message on the Home page, but when you click to view messages it won't show you any new message. It baffled me for three months until I finally figured it out. I bet other people experience this too and don't know why.

You have to go through your Ignore List removing people until you manage to remove the name of the person that sent you a private message, before you can see the message, and have the new message count brought back to zero.