Losing a dog and trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jnbadger, Apr 18, 2018.

1. jnbadger

jnbadger

Definitely. Those were 13 wonderful years. I'm just not quite ready yet

#51     Jul 15, 2018
    CSEtrader and sle like this.
  2. Innocie

Innocie

It's hurt to lose a good and long friendship with your pet, and it was a wise thing to trade to minimum as we know it might distract our trades and can frustrate to the highest level. My heartiest condolence here.

#52     Jul 20, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  3. jnbadger

jnbadger

Thank you. I'm gradually working my way back into trading, as earnings season is picking up, and it is going well. But I've noticed myself being extremely risk averse in trading and in life. And I am a true believer that there is no reward without risk, and although I feel better, I find myself being very mentally lazy. I normally do 10 to 20 trades per day. I did 9 trades all week. If I miss an opportunity, I just don't care. Maybe it's just a natural part of the process.

But one thing I have been doing is back testing like crazy. I love doing it, and I am moving toward being more automated, and dealing with the adjustments as needed.

This whole thing was quite the wake up call for me. Once the pain from the breakup and Brewster dying started to subside, I started to evaluate what I really want. I am starting to realize manual trading is extremely boring for me. But I love trading, I love the markets, and I love being able to have an idea and be able to back test it and have a rough result within minutes.

So I maybe I'm not really mentally lazy. Maybe I'm just finding my true path.

It's been painful, but the healing process has been pretty incredible. I'm actually kind of thankful for the experience.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    #53     Jul 20, 2018
    Innocie likes this.
  4. jn,

What I find that helps is have your automation running then that will free up your time to manually trade when you want without any pressure. It will be enjoyable for you to toggle to your automated platform and check in and then go back to your manual platform for some EXTRA opportunities. Anyways that's where I am at just now.

es

P.S. If I told you that you could use your automated platform as an identifier for some manual trades...would that interest you more? If so you need to do this thing.

#54     Jul 20, 2018
    CSEtrader and Innocie like this.
  5. Innocie

Innocie

That's pretty cool. Get them. But my advise is to be alarmed and careful, keep track of it. Make sure you are running with sound broker.

If you thinks is best, do it best.

#55     Jul 21, 2018