Losing a dog and trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jnbadger, Apr 18, 2018.

1. JSOP

JSOP

This is the reason I never wanted to get a pet because I know that one day they will pass before me and I won't be able to bear the pain of losing them. It would be like a part of myself has gone with them. And remembering all the beautiful memories would just add more to the pain. And I find it losing pets would be even worse than losing your human family or friends because a pet's love to you is truly unconditional when they accept us for what we really are and never judge or criticize or expect us to change. They just help us and support us whenever they see us in need.

I am so sorry for your loss. Seeing this is a thread from 3 months ago, I hope you are doing better now coping with the losses and it has not affected your trading too much.

All the best and also remember that you can talk to us on ET at any time. We will always be here with you.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    #41     Jul 14, 2018
    volente_00 likes this.
  2. JSOP

JSOP

So I guess you love worms and snakes as well considering they have 0 legs, < 4 legs? LOL :p

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    #42     Jul 14, 2018
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

How about getting a turtle or an African Grey? They will outlive you, no problemo...

#43     Jul 14, 2018
  4. mlawson71

mlawson71

I don't know about worms, but I don't mind snakes in general.

#44     Jul 14, 2018
  5. JSOP

JSOP

Yeah but they don't provide much companionship and I don't enjoy birds as pets that much. So what I will probably do is get a young cat when I am REALLY REALLY old.

#45     Jul 14, 2018
  6. Make sure and leave a lot of food out...

#46     Jul 14, 2018
  7. JSOP

JSOP

Thanks LOL. Better still I might get a companion robot: . ;) No need to leave food for them when I am gone.

#47     Jul 14, 2018
  8. sle

sle

Sorry about your loss. I’ve lost one of my guys about two years ago in an accident, was unable to function for at least a month.

Hopefully it’s not too early to ask but are you thinking of getting another puppy?

#48     Jul 14, 2018
  9. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

I am guiding another old timer down that path. Dog dementia, anxiety, physical ailments, sundown syndrome, etc... are real issues with old dogs and poorly understood. Keep these guys comfortable , pain free.

#49     Jul 14, 2018
  10. mlawson71

mlawson71

Cats are a good option - they don't require as involvement as the dogs in terms of taking them out at least twice a day.
    If you've never had a cat before, however, I recommend doing some research before you get the animal because they do have their quirks.

#50     Jul 15, 2018