Lose vs. Loose

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by NazSpaz, Apr 14, 2008.

1. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

Hell, Loose or Lose or Louse.......ain't nutin' compared to my pet peeve.

There / Their / They're..........

Their you go again.
    There going to get in trouble.
    ......awghwwrrrrrrrr.
    .......I suppose their R worse sins.....arent' their !

#21     Apr 14, 2008
  2. 0h Lo0k @ tha L33t Dicti0n4rY M4N. Joo R 2 Kool 4 Sk00l. :D

Seriously though, that shit does bother me as well.

#22     Apr 14, 2008
  3. wjk

wjk

eye can't here you, are volume is to loud

#23     Apr 14, 2008
  4. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

That's an awesome name for the campaign! Love it!!! :D

#24     Apr 14, 2008
  5. My first post. I made a lot of money my first week of trading. I made more money then you. Now I want to start a hedge fudge company. You guys got any advise for me? Others keep advicing me and tell me don't do it. They nod there head and say no.

Let's shop and dine out at Walmarts. (apparently going to more than one Wal-Mart store)

I work to Walmarts as a greater. I pasted you on the way to Walmarts! I waved and said, by looser!

I double dipped my chips in the guano bowl. I don't feel good. This food doesn't taste very well. (maybe it's the guano)

#25     Apr 14, 2008
  6. Internet. As in, "Al Gore invented the internet."

#26     Apr 14, 2008
  7. Losses happen in your pocket.

Looses happen in your bowels.

#27     Apr 14, 2008
  8. This peeve is my great burden in life too. Sometimes I swear it's like I have stepped into an alternate universe where "loose" is the correct spelling and I am the illiterate one. On the web, it's not just occasionally spelled wrong - it seems like EVERY FUCKING TIME!

OK, I feel better now.

#28     Apr 15, 2008
  9. congrads, your a regular hykoo writer. thanks alot.

#29     Apr 15, 2008
  10. I think we beat this to death a few times over the years. Let's (contraction) try to remember that your (possessive) use of the English language should not cause you to lose (to be unsuccessful in retaining possession of) respect here on ET. LOL.

You are = you're (contraction)
    Your = possessive of you

However....a long time ago, when I was in a creative writing class, I found that if I would read aloud what I wrote, that I would seem to get better grades. I am a believer in "3 dot journalism" especially whan not sure of punctuation. I use too many quotation marks, and too many periods........LOL. I try to write like I think, maybe that's a problem in itself.

We all make mistakes, and with due respect to our ESL friends on ET, getting the message across is probably the most important thing. Communication is key (but, yes, some pet peeves are part of human nature).

And with all the texting, email, and IM'ing, all this will likely get worse, LOL.

Bored this morning, can't seem to pick a trend of any sort.

Don

#30     Apr 15, 2008