Lose vs. Loose

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by NazSpaz, Apr 14, 2008.

1. I loose money all the time.

#11     Apr 14, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

You mean we'll all eventually talk and write like the kids text? Ewwwww.........

#12     Apr 14, 2008
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Ebonics: "I nose use a lahouuuuzer"

Translation: Where is the bus stop??? :D

#13     Apr 14, 2008
  4. Well, it might hurt the kids and their precious feelings if you try to learn them too hard.

#14     Apr 14, 2008
  5. OK Loser,

And yes I AM better than you because I don't accept myself as crap or con everyone into thinking I am crap when I know I can, should, will and DO better!

Oh and yeah! Piss off and learn that many people do NOT want to read "Loose" instead of "Lose"!

But I am sure we will still have to read how people "loose their money" (like the brain cells they HAD - but it is not their fault, lol).

paySen$e

:(

OK I will get off my high horse. Here is a lesson.

When you write "loose" it is read like "loose change" or my girlfriend is "loose" sort of like he hung himself with a "noose" or he cooked his "goose".

Now that that is determined why would anyone write: If you gamble you will "loose" your money"? No, you "lose" your money and it sounds like "snooze" as in he is now taking a "snooze".

Get it? "loose" as is goose or he has a lot of "loose" change.

And you will "lose" your money - just like you will be taking a long "snooze" after you lose all your money - not "loose" (as in goose) everything!!

Got it? From now on use "lose" when it comes to money. (Except when you are talking about "loose" change.)

:D :cool:

#15     Apr 14, 2008
  6. Well the little fuckers should know the difference.

#16     Apr 14, 2008
  7. Mvic

Mvic

That is classic, thanks :D

#17     Apr 14, 2008
  8. LongArm

LongArm

Funny, I thought I was the only one on earth with this particular pet peeve. Sure, it's the internet and good spelling isn't exactly the norm, but lose/loose is spelled incorrectly FAR MORE than it's spelled correctly, for some mysterious reason. I know some very smart people who misspell it. I don't get where the difficulty comes from.

Maybe we should start some kind of awareness campaign. We could call it "don't be a looser" or something. :D

#18     Apr 14, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

We could include "to vs. too" and "you're vs. your".

#19     Apr 14, 2008
  10. "Then" and "Than?"

#20     Apr 14, 2008