Lose NOT Loose... :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cy_M, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Cy_M

Cy_M

Until a few years back, I was guilty of the same typo, misspelling Lose as most of us do.
    Just a reminder, let's get this right, since we use it too often and most of us get it wrong, which is bad for our Trader image.:cool:

2. Marcell

Marcell

And I observe many type "your" when it's supposed to be "you're". Please differentiate between them: YOU'RE stands for YOU ARE.

3. Speaking of (trader image), Zecco Trading even had it spelled wrong on their website for awhile.

4. Did you see the headline on page C11 of today's Wall Street Journal?

Maybe I'm hypersensitive to these things, but misspellings in the newspaper seem to be very common these days - and I'm talking about major national papers. No excuse anymore with spelling and grammar checkers.

5. Yes, I try really hard to disregard the your, and you're, and their, there, or they're, and the loose vs. lose.....but I thank you for pointing it out so we can, yes, bring our writing skills up a bit in a non-judgemental kind of way. And, with full respect to our non-English as a first language members who get a pass (heck, I couldn't learn another language well enough to even communicate, LOL).

They're = Those people are.

There = a place or a matter of discussion.

Their = possessive of they're "their stuff"

OK, now should we get to the Texas "yall" "allyall" etc.? LOL.

Don

6. LMAO, you gotta be kidding me. This brought about gigantic laughter in the office, and the timing, along with this thread is amazing, LOL.

Dawn Bright :D

'Sector' ETFs May Be Loosing Some Allure
    Narrowly Focused Products
    Hit by Stream of Selling
    As the Market Rumbles
    By IAN SALISBURY
    September 14, 2007; Page C11

(They did correct it on the web version) to "losing" I just added an "o")

7. I believe the proper spelling includes an apostrophe - "ya'll".

I could be wrong!

8. Born to loose.

That looser goose is lose and went acrossed the road.

The looser goose was balling offered it ran in to the bob wire fence an just layed their dyeing.

Your a looser. You can barley trade with little capitol. My beer is made from barely.

I can insure you, for intensive purposes, I've have got more loosing trades then you're momma.

Were did to of my loosing trades go too?

Listen hear, I got loosing trades to.

After words, I get loosing trades accept the wining trades. I want some whine with that chease pleese.

I acceded an trading limits and had nothing more to due.

I'm living in object poverty do to poor trading skills.

I'm living an access and effluence do to superior trading skills.

All of the sudden I must counsil and exorcise and minister my currant trading program and make an concerto afford of it.

I advice you not to give advise.

I excepted my trading mishapes.

Augers well for me using baldface type.

What are you eluding to?

I trade quips and antidotes, another words its is fun for all avaidable.

I trade off of on the chart.

Trading can be bazaar.

Its my believe that I trade so beyond the pail I can hardly bare it.

I trade with out boarders and out of bounce.

I've have got lot's of bouillon yet because of all the bouillon i'm am not wealthy.

Time to call out the calverley and canons and bye stocks long and say good buy to the all the bares.

Why did I chose an trading careen? You should chose a life for trading. It's the right choose.

I have to get down to the corps of trading or I'll will have to join the Peace Corpse.

I'm hungary. What's is for dessert?

They definately denigrated my stock.

I'm doesn't supposed to deviant from my trading plan.

I'm really discussed. Talk about dire straights, all of my assets are deprecating rapidly.

Duck tape has duel useses.

The secrete to trading is their, your idiot.

Trading is not for the feint of heart because of the enormousnessisity of it all.

I've not haven't not enough of that dribble.

Time to take a brake and remain calm, cool and collective.

9. Actually, I believe it's "y'all."

10. Cy_M

Cy_M

No I missed it, don't have access to it. What was it? Wasn't loose now was it?!?!?!

#10     Sep 14, 2007