lose motivation

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by hermit_trader, Dec 7, 2005.

1. And not once did I even mention your nick or even acknowledge your stalker ass in my posts in this thread.

but you just had to mention mine and make it personal on a
    "lose motivation" thread

hahahahah

gay, don't you think?

#41     Dec 7, 2005
  2. ROFL ROFL...gawd that was funny to those of us that know riskarb...you guys just don't get the satire do you?

#42     Dec 7, 2005
  3. Yes, healthy dose of satire, but some advice for those to not f*ck with your endocrine system if you don't know what you're doing. It also helps if you can actually spell the terms. [sic] testerone. Watching for the sycophant to edit his misspelling.

#43     Dec 7, 2005
  4. foolweb,

You are fast becoming one of my least favorite cartoon characters. I look forward to when you and JM (collectively known as the Dream Team) start trading with real money.

#44     Dec 7, 2005
  5. My final post re: the coolweb equation. Coolweb = hubris ^ stupidity.

Go get yer pistol, Cool:

• pnl.jpg
      File size:
      22.1 KB
      Views:
    #45     Dec 7, 2005
  6. patch227

patch227

Quick question:

What do you guys recommend drinking to start your days? I've got a real love for this business though I'm experiencing stomach pains as a result of the stress associated with it. I wouldn't trade it for the world though I would like a little reduction in this pain.

Should I lay off the coffee or what?

Try doing 200 situps every morning lol At least you will perceive the pain in your stomach to be positive then

#46     Dec 9, 2005

7. Live under a bridge for a few days.
    Or weeks. Youll never be the same again.
    Not sure if thats good-but will inspire motivation of some sort.

RiskArb, how serious are you about the coffee?

#47     Dec 11, 2005
  8. OK well I can make this pretty simple

Hermit, you need to feel as though you are doing something that moves you closer to your goal every day. The way you do this is to step back for a moment and make some carefully considered decisions about where you want to be x years from now. The rest is a matter of discipline. Anytime you have trouble getting to the "next step" or just feeling down, just remember that it can all be gone in an instant.

My dad was a career Navy Officer. He survived many things including Korea, Vietnam and others. One day when we least expected it, he was gone. What ever you really want in this life I suggest you "go for it" with everything you've got. Whatever you want to say, say it now. I can guarantee you that these are not just words to me. I hope they get through to you.

Good luck,

Steve

#48     Dec 11, 2005
  9. Inspiring stuff that !

#49     Dec 11, 2005
  10. Serious as a heart attack. I love the stuff, but rarely drink it.

#50     Dec 11, 2005