lose motivation

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by hermit_trader, Dec 7, 2005.

1. number 1 and 2 don't do if for me, but #3 intrigues me! how do you do it?

#21     Dec 7, 2005
  2. patoo

patoo

Put that Elder book down

..and take the rest of this week off

#22     Dec 7, 2005
  3. Cheese

Cheese

This will sound boring.
    If the depressed or motivationless syndrome has become embedded, this will work.
    A 3 phase remedy:
    1. Consciously decide and commit irrevocably to killing the problem .. just saying you've got the problem is not good enough.
    2. Read or re-read one of the books on positive thinking. This refreshes and reminds you and re-writes the back-up script for your mind.
    3. Every day without fail use and repeat positive mantras by mentally reciting them when you get up and when you go to bed. They can be very simple stuff: "I have a lot I want to do. I want to trade. My life is good. My trading room means big success."

All this won't work overnight. But it changes your daily functioning references and you get lifts coming to your mood after say a couple of weeks or after a month and the problem will go away even if it takes 12 months totally. This will work whether the syndrome is light or has moved to the status of a serious impediment to your outlook.

#23     Dec 7, 2005
  4. duard

duard

Agreed. Better yet feed the red bull and vodka to the girls dancing on the bar as well if that doesn't perk you up you can always get on the list for a sex change operation.

#24     Dec 7, 2005
  5. Bambino

Bambino

I love the Italian Grappa idea!

#25     Dec 7, 2005
  6. duard

duard

The drinking is less important then rewarding the girls for dancing on the bar. That way you get to see the goods before sampling. Kinda like frontrunning the market.

#26     Dec 7, 2005
  7. #27     Dec 7, 2005
  8. 100% pomegranate juice, taken with: 1g Acetyl L Carnitine, 200mg r-Alpha Lipoic Acid, 100mg Co-Q10. Will dramatically change your life[expectancy] for the better. Stop the coffee immediately.

#28     Dec 7, 2005
  9. Go to McDonalds and ask them for a job application and paste it on the wall beside your trade station. That should be motivation enough for anyone.

#29     Dec 7, 2005
  10. Best cure is to make some money.

#30     Dec 7, 2005