lose 40% of my saving, and I am out

Discussion in 'Trading' started by liulala, Oct 10, 2008.

1. poyayan

poyayan

Yea? While the housing prices was peaking, anyone did anything at all? If CRA is SOOO bad, how come no one try to change it?

Now, go back and play with your toys.

#51     Oct 11, 2008
  2. Because the public is taught that buy and hold is the best thing since sliced bread and that you can't outperform the market. Then they are taught that anything besides investing based on purely fundamentals is outlandish and praying for the market gods to reward them is the surest path to turning a profit on their investment.

I feel for these people but hey they provide a constant stream of liquidity.

#52     Oct 11, 2008
  3. tell your story to WARREN BUFFET! :D

#53     Oct 11, 2008
  4. Pita

Pita

strange there are assholes around who find this entertaining:)

#54     Oct 11, 2008
  5. well you can't trade for shit so it's clearly for the best! go and serve burgers..

#55     Oct 11, 2008
  6. how do you value trust? seems to be off everyone's radar.

#56     Oct 11, 2008
  7. ye greenspan took it down to .87, bernanke i heard on cnbc has taken the rate down to as low as .5 recently, i have a feeling we are going to have another bubble like scenario in 5-6 years except it will be even worse because bernanke has taken the rate down so low and the banks have been hoarding this cash as evidenced by libor...

#57     Oct 11, 2008
  8. Mecro

Mecro

You don't even know what my stance is, let alone the truth. The subprime mortgages are not a problem, it's the worthless paper written on them, you know, the derivatives. The political theatre production stayed out of that till this year. You guys keep bickering what what Democrats or Republicans did that year and this year, while missing the issue, let alone failing to realize that it is a ONE party system.

Once you figure that out, maybe you will understand why the rest of your post is irrelevant.

#58     Oct 13, 2008
  9. Mecro

Mecro

The fact that you have to hope and do not just know, makes me much less hopeful about the potential to fight what is going on.

#59     Oct 13, 2008
  10. The world needs bartenders.....

#60     Oct 13, 2008