lose 40% of my saving, and I am out

Discussion in 'Trading' started by liulala, Oct 10, 2008.

1. if you're really out, then don't watch the markets at all. if this rally holds and continues over the next x days/weeks...you will be even more angry. just take some time off.

#11     Oct 10, 2008
  2. When "foreign" investors sell out U.S. assets.......yah, that's the "final bottom". :cool:

#12     Oct 10, 2008
  3. dont worry most elite T are down 50% YtD.

#13     Oct 10, 2008
  4. Maybe so, but this person is indicative of the average 401K investor. They want out. You think a close up today will bring them comfort? Not a chance! If anything today's wild swings are just further proof for them that this is nothing but gambling. Their attitude will be, if I want to gamble I'll go sit at a blackjack table. At least there they can get free drinks.
    The money they're trying to put away for a rainy day, they'll put that away in a bank account. They won't make shit, but they won't lose shit either. In their minds they'll be ahead and sleep better. They're all pretty much resigned to dieing on the job anyway.
    Just the sad facts!

#14     Oct 10, 2008
  5. What an explosive move up the past 45 minutes!! I just made close to $80,000 on 20,000 shares of Visa. I'm going to Italy for a couple of months.

#15     Oct 10, 2008
  6. .........priceless! :cool:

#16     Oct 10, 2008
  7. Only buy-and-hold investors should be hurting right now. The only traders that deserve to be hurting through this mess are those with poor systems that should have never made it past papertrading, and those who failed to follow their own system rules. Any decent system would have told traders not to trade the past month.

I am sorry you got blown out.

This is the 7th consecutive down day, another first for the DOW.

#17     Oct 10, 2008
  8. lol must make the op feel like shit!!!

#18     Oct 10, 2008
  9. Do you not realize that Bush and Co. are the ones who <b>caused</b> this mess? This crisis was manufactured by our government. I can't understand how people can't understand this? Everyone is looking to the government to do something. Why would the people who caused this mess want to do something?

#19     Oct 10, 2008
  10. eagle

eagle

This sign is what they talked about the bottom.

#20     Oct 10, 2008