Los Angeles - Where are the traders in this huge city?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by pkts, Aug 19, 2009.

1. How about a get together in Compton?
    I know a few underground spots.

:D

#11     Aug 20, 2009
  2. Ok el pollo im in Long Beach, right around the corner, aight everyone.... meeting at the compton spot?

#12     Aug 20, 2009
  3. #13     Aug 20, 2009
  4. pkts

pkts

Haha, here come the jokers.

I've used meetup in the past, I met a couple of good trading buddies on it. Unfortunately most of the people on there are get rich types who migrated from some real estate scheme to an investing scheme. At least on ET I am narrowing it down to trading only schemers.

#14     Aug 20, 2009
  5. hey pkts ...... i PM'd you....... im new on here n dont know where to go to see PM replies but nothing on my screen is showing any PM replies yet that i can see

#15     Aug 20, 2009
  6. pkts

pkts

I got back to you, just click on forums at the top and it'll tell you you have a new message. Or go to "your account" in top right and one of the first options on the far right is view all pms

#16     Aug 20, 2009
  7. I'm in Laguna now, and am up for meeting.

Let me know when the next meeting will be, and if I'm still in town, I'll drive up.

#17     Aug 20, 2009
  8. I am in south O.C.
    There is a group of traders who meet regularly in San Diego. I have never attended because of the drive.
    I've also heard of a monthly meeting organized by a brokerage firm in LA mostly with the purpose of recruiting new blood - of course.
    Years ago there was a monthly gathering in Costa Mesa on a membership basis but I have not heard of them for a long time.
    They had hundreds of traders on their list, 30-60 traders attending on average so evidently there are a lot of traders in O.C. They mostly had educational type meetings where the organizer invited either a software, hardware or trading system vendor and he received a kickback for every sale.
    The problem with traders' meetings is that people go there to get something for nothing. Mostly newbees and long-time unsuccessful paper traders asking all kinds of questions and wondering why they don't get any real solutions handed to them "for the goodness of your heart", "karma" and things like that. It gets really annoying after a while and the better traders stay away as a result.

#18     Aug 21, 2009
  9. +1. Some of the meetups are just "webinars" from someone pretending to be in your city, but the price of a few bucks a month to get yourself out was too good to pass up.

There are a few that seem OK, but I doubt that the average reasonably successful trader wlil advance much at a meeting populated with newbie trader wannabies. "Geee, i heard that with a $500 account, I can make 5,000% a year with minimal risk. Do you think that is true?

Jack Hershey, you around???

#19     Aug 21, 2009
  10. cavanism

cavanism

If anyone is interested I hold trader dinners once a month usually in the Bevery Hills area.

Also, if anyone has trader groups, we can combine on certain days of the months. Contact me, it's always nice to meet fellow traders in the LA area.

#20     Dec 20, 2009