Los Angeles Traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by traderking, Sep 9, 2008.

1. I am in the North SF Valley too. Moved here a few years ago and trade equities mostly.

There is a forex group that meets late evening once a month at the online trading academy northridge location. Good guys and no hard sell involved. I think they use meetup.com

I need to check Nico's out....

cheers
    SS

#31     Sep 22, 2008
  2. Interesting concept! I'm glad that this thread has enabled you to embark on your critical thinking skills but with all due respect you shouldn't hijack someone else thread... I started this to talk to traders and not for commercial purposes. You must have read my earlier post that said, “luckily, none of us are selling any thing.” But you decided to 'crash the party' anyway :D :eek: with your email address of course.

If you are coming just for sells & commercial purposes don't bother showing up because traders like me will not be there. We are free to get together without opportunists pushing sell. Posting your email is not necessary. Traders are not stupid. When we decide where & when to get together it will be done here on ET not via email. For all other sales agents out there craving email, phone#s, & more...please this is not what this thread is about, don't ruin the thread.

#32     Sep 23, 2008
  3. Thanks for the suggestion. I can't speak for everyone here but I will not meet at online trading academy ...as you said "no hard sell," so why meet at their office. There are many other avenues like coffee shops & restaurants...food YESsss :D

#33     Sep 23, 2008
  4. vingbel

vingbel

Thanks for saying something, Traderking. But you don't have to worry about me. Why would I want to meet with someone to talk about Trading when they can't even write a simple note without a slew of grammatical errors? With the exception of non-native English speakers, I would assume that someone like this would give the same attention to Trading that he/she gave to writing.

Anyway, I hope this thread continues until someone feels like we have a quorum and we should get together.

#34     Sep 23, 2008
  5. nell

nell

I think there's missunderstanding here.

I really want to make a friend here. I just come to LA and been here for just 1 month. And I'm trading US stock market.

I'm new guy here as you can tell. I won't selling anything or advertise anything.

And yes, i'm from out of country, so I don't speak english very well.

Sorry, if you feels i'm hijacking your thread, I really don't mean it.

I just inviting others that need to make friends like me, and trying to organize all of the things here

Hope will clear the missunderstanding !

thx

#35     Sep 24, 2008
  6. Surdo

Surdo

Get a dog!

:D

#36     Sep 24, 2008
  7. Its just one location among others. Like I said I was pleasantly surprised that there was no hard sell. They met after hours when the shop was closed. Pros nice tables with pc/projector access. Cons... no food or coffee. I think the franchiser was doing the group a favor and hoping for the best.

I am not vested in that anyway and open for anything.....

SS

#37     Sep 24, 2008
  8. Oh yes! I agree. The thread will continue. We have a good thing going here for all traders especially if they trade remote. After a long time of trading remote, you wonder who else is in your area?

#38     Sep 26, 2008
    #39     Sep 26, 2008
  10. nell

nell

#40     Sep 26, 2008