Lord Stern: 'People should give up eating meat to halt climate change'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tigerjaw, Oct 27, 2009.

1. I never trust "satellite" temp data.......no way it could be that warm up there, it's really f*ing cold in space.:D

#51     Oct 29, 2009
  2. Show me what you got other than trash talk.

Here is the 130 year chart:
    [​IMG]

#52     Oct 30, 2009
  3. proof positive that life as we know it should be reevaluated to be based on tax revenues per pound

idiot-leftist .. face it, you're disgusting

#53     Oct 30, 2009

4. and you know what, im not justing saying that ...

this friggin idiot is disgusting

DEATH TO TYRANTS

#54     Oct 30, 2009
  5. You are quoting yourself and calling yourself names?

#55     Oct 30, 2009
  6. I am not sure which graph I am "failing to show", but the above chart is not from the EPA because EPA does not have any independent studies on global temperature, and no extrapolation of trend was ever shown. It just showed the ground based surface temperature measurements from HadCRUT3 and the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) and Remote Sensing Systems (RSS) provide two independent analyses of the same MSU (Microwave sounding unit) data from satellites.

I have no doubt that there are conflicts within EPA as well as established climate scientists as to the magnitude and trend of global warming and the effects of CO2. The trend may be ending or it may continue for many years to come. But to refute it completely, as many of you have done, is reckless and irresponsible.

#56     Oct 30, 2009
  7. Pretty good try - - - but youve got to do all your homework - including an open minded investigation of all the data, not just what will support the party line. These global weather patterns occur over much longer time periods than shown in that chart.(Yes there are things bigger and more powerful than mere men, and the whole universe doesn't revolve around our every action. Thinking so, is as self centered & deluded as the man who believes the sun rises every morning because he gets up and brews a pot of coffee.)

http://www.theresilientearth.com/files/images/MCA_graph2.jpg

During the pre-industrial Medieval Warming period temps were elevated. Most likely explanation is variation in solar activity - - - unless all those knights in shining armour were running around in SUVs !

It would be easy to get fooled by all the b.s. out there. Much of it is based upon the 'studies' of a guy who - - - well, fudged a bit. His graphs are based on 'predictions' and inconveniently didn't follow subsequent reality. But the true believers and con men are still using these charts and pointing to them as proof (thus charts plotted out to 2025 which they 'forget' to mention, but draw 'trendlines' on.

The following shows the variance between the 'predicted' chart on which yours is based, and reality:

http://theresilientearth.com/files/images/hansen_forecast_1988-2.jpg

Any of this look familiar ? Theres your 1998 spike and the 'trendline' so artistically fabricated. - - - I've even seen the chart drawn so that they chop off the data after 1998, keep the 'trendline' and offer it all as their 'proof'. Yeah pretty damned disgusting.

If you are a high school kid and actually take courses in the hard physical sciences such as physics & chemistry- - - they refer to this as 'dry labing'

#57     Oct 30, 2009
  8. freeze83

freeze83

and i thought, traders only like talking about money and profit..:D

#58     Oct 30, 2009
  9. You are, to put it bluntly, an idiot. The first chart is not even a chart of temperature. Read the Y axis label. It says Z-Score. A Z-score of what?

The second chart conveniently ignores anything before 1960. So what if some earlier prediction was inaccurate. Science advances and a lot more is known today.

The fact remains that global warming is occurring, the long term trend is established the great majority of credible climate scientists will tell you just that - the world is warming at an alarming rate. This is not a prediction is a FACT.

#59     Oct 30, 2009
  10. #60     Oct 30, 2009