Lord Stern: 'People should give up eating meat to halt climate change'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tigerjaw, Oct 27, 2009.

1. I really don't understand the left wings obsession with preventing people from eating meat. Why do they really care one way or the other? The attempt to stop people from eating meat is currently a two pronged approach. You have dingbats like this idiot who is claiming eating meat is causing global warming and you have the healthcare nuts who are trying to incorporate it into the healthcare bill.

Last time I checked, it was supposed to be a free country. I like eating red meat, and I am going to continue to eat red meat and nobody is going to stop me. Can these left-wing statists mind their own goddamn business and leave me the alone?

#11     Oct 27, 2009
  2. I think we are good...

The left are sufficiently embarrased by themselves

#12     Oct 27, 2009
  3. And If Not ...

I'LL COME BACK AND RIDICULE YOU BASTARDS FURTHER

#13     Oct 27, 2009
  4. Ricter

Ricter

No bans, I was playing your game.

#14     Oct 27, 2009

5. too late ... You Are The Enemy..

DEATH TO TYRANTS

#15     Oct 27, 2009
  6. Ricter

Ricter

He's not a leftist, though, since he opposes abortion and believes in gun ownership. I guess it's a bit more complicated than you imagined.

#16     Oct 27, 2009
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, what was your first clue, goofy?

#17     Oct 27, 2009
  8. But eating red meat does encourage testosterone production and these busy body wimps can't have any of that going on. Screw 'em. - - -

#18     Oct 28, 2009
  9. Mercor

Mercor

Insect flatulence may account for one-fifth of all the methane emissions on this planet. (Termites are also prodigious farters; indeed, dogs trained to sniff out termites are actually following their farts.)

Cockroaches are among the biggest contributors to global warming, since they break wind every fifteen minutes. Furthermore, they continue to release methane gas for eighteen hours after they die.

#19     Oct 28, 2009
  10. Below is one of the comments posted, my question is "Don't these people have jobs?" There are too many people with nothing to do except prevent the other half from doing whatever it is they're doing. This has become an industry in itself.

Good morning, I'd like to buy an apple cart and sell apples "Hrmmpphh, we'll see about that".

-----------------------------
    "Lord Stern and his ilk; they detest the little people.
    They hate cars.
    They hate people.
    They hate our freedom to choose.
    They love control.
    And MORE control.
    They hate democracy.
    They hate referendums.
    They hold the public in contempt.
    Against animal use.
    Against animal experiments.
    Against meat eaters.
    Against Nuclear.
    Against coal.
    Against gas.
    Against fossil fuels of any kind.
    For windmills - even if they don't work properly.
    For solar - even if it doesn't work properly.
    For tidal - even if we can't get it to work properly, but against it if the greater crested pygmy warbler has to move 100 yards upstream.
    For Carbon Capture and Storage - even if it doesn't work properly.
    For vegetarianism.
    For extremism."

#20     Oct 28, 2009