Loozer Cubs Fans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 26, 2006.

1. nitro

nitro

Another sick fuck on ET. This place is full of them (probably the same person with multiple handles that loves to be a prick over and over and gets off on it).

nitro

#11     Sep 26, 2006
  2. nitro

nitro

John,

You have a healthy attitude, and sports should be about competing and having a good time. Believe me there is no stadium that I would rather watch a baseball game than Wrigley Field. The socializing afterwards is also a good time.

But you know what? If the Cubs won, Wrigley would not be any less enjoyable, and the socializing would still be there, and to me anyway after a Cubs win socializing etc would be more enjoyable. The Cubs have "fans" for life like you, that come to Chicago and no matter where they end up living, they always remember the good times they had here and root for them. But if you have lived here all your life, and you have gotten over Wrigley Field and all the drinking that goes on, you just want a winning team once in a while. I don't know if that makes sense.

nitro

#12     Sep 26, 2006
  3. nitro

nitro

Da Bears have a great chance of getting to the SuperBowl this year. We are enjoying them.

nitro

#13     Sep 26, 2006
  4. nitro

nitro

Derrek Lee is a one shot wonder? Oh man. All I can do is shake my head and smile. Derek Lee is a born winner that loses because he is a Cub and no other reason.

Not only is Derrek Lee one of the finest hitters and defensive first baseman I have ever seen, I think he has the potential to be the finest all around player in baseball.

nitro

#14     Sep 26, 2006
  5. You are obviously not terribly knowledgeable about baseball.

Just look at Lee's career numbers:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5775

and now look at Albert Pujols:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6619

Man, take away last year and Lee's career BA is probably just a bit above .260.

Oh, how many gold gloves has Lee won?

ROTFLMAO...

Only you would take Lee over Pujols at first base, typical dumbass Cubs fan....

and Ryan Howard may end up being better than both of them, though hard to imagine someone better than Pujols...

#15     Sep 27, 2006
  6. John47

John47

Those are good points, i see what your saying. I understand that for the actual diehard cubs fans a good team would mean alot. I'm just saying that, from my expirience here (not much admittedly) it seems that for the trib, from business perspective, paying for a better team may cost more than whatever it would additionally bring in. I.E. the cubs are loved as losers, and for the trib and probably a decent percentage of game attendees, there's no need to fix what ain't broke.

#16     Sep 27, 2006
  7. How many of you idiots are wearing team jerseys? Be honest.

#17     Sep 27, 2006