Looting in New Orleans..a new low for americans...and why we are minimizing the effec

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

That's no excuse for bad behavior and lawlessness. Sure, there were some emergencies forcing some looting, but the looters were quite aware of the public shelters set up for Katrina. This is New Orleans, not somewhere in the sticks, where they may have to break laws to survive. Losing one's livelihood does not give one the right to take from someone else's livelihood.

#51     Aug 31, 2005
  2. Spoken like a true democrat.

What beyond "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE NOW" would you like the governement to do beyond that?

I believe the hurricane was somehow created by Bush/ Cheney and Halliburton to make money for the oil companies.

#52     Aug 31, 2005
  3. First of all the government should declare the war on hurricantes (WOH), the next step should be tax cuts for the rich and a few multi-billion dollar contracts for Halliburton. Every american must decide whether he is with the government or with hurricanes which hate our freedoms.

Given that Katrina came from Cuba we must immediately invade Venezuela as we want to fight hurricanes over there so we don't have to fight them over here.

#53     Aug 31, 2005

4. If the governement truly cared about their citizens they should have sent the love boat to come pick them up.

Anything less than hand holding, hugging, and fellatio to make sure everyone got out is totally unacceptable in my opinion.

Who the hell does the Bush administration think they are by making people responsible for themselves?

Don't they know we are all idiots and can't be trusted to take care of ourselves?

Man that pisses me off.

#54     Aug 31, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

LOL. U must be from Canada!?!?!?! Have you ever grown up around an area like Detroit? It is quite clear you do not have a clue to what life is like in some parts of America. I could write a best seller based on what I have seen. Everyone all over the world is NOW surprised by the looting in LA. That is only because the internet NOW lets everyone in the world see what goes on. I was not alive for the riots in Detroit in the 60's but it was the same type of thing. I am quite certain Canadians would have been even more shocked by that. You just can't hide reality from the world anymore.

#55     Aug 31, 2005
  6. TGM

TGM

John,

U obviously understand. The appropriate word is animals.

#56     Aug 31, 2005
  7. TGM

TGM

Well Sam123, how do explain Haiti, Zimbabwe/anywhere else in Africa? They are all just angry and oppressed because of the left? U are very ignorant if you THINK they need any encouragement to go on a rampage.

#57     Aug 31, 2005
  8. How the f are they going to get dvd players plasmas and nikes out of the disaster area, in saleable condition... morons
    i would let them loot big screen tvs with the condition they tie themselves up to them.... ha ha watch them sink.
    there are always morons who loot after disasters in every big city in the world, only another moron would call all Americans morons because of a few morons revealing their moronity.

#58     Aug 31, 2005
  9. Of course Bush and Cheney are responsible. We didn't have cat 5 hurricanes when Clinton was in office did we? Obviously it's because Bush is a neanderthal who doesn't care about global warming. Evolution either probably. Why should he care? I only saw black faces suffering in NO in the horrible heat and humidity as they strained under the heavy loads they so valiantly were liberating from Best Buy. Some things never change, and the awful plight of the black man is one of them. Tote that bale, carry that plasma screen, what's the difference?

And who will profit from the cleanup and the oil well repair work that we are told is necessary? Good old Halliburton, that's who. What a coincidence. I think not. First Iraq, now this.

If only our planet had paid attention to Cathy Sheehan.

#59     Aug 31, 2005
  10. In those countries if you steal a crumble of bread, watch the whole village coming after your asss.... unless you are with the army or the govenrment they are allowed to steal.

#60     Aug 31, 2005