Looting in New Orleans..a new low for americans...and why we are minimizing the effec

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Aug 30, 2005.

1. exactly. it takes balls to loot (albeit, misguided ones).

Miriam, you seem remarkably naive (if not well intentioned) to be the conscience of an entire nation. Did you manage to miss the Rodney King riots?

i have thought about this and must sum up as follows: in Canada, looting is a monopoly of the government (and its authorized agents).

#11     Aug 30, 2005
  2. sorry but the precedent of allowing looting "at will" is a very dangerous move that will not be helpful at all in future disasters {natural or man made}. so after the next major terrorist attack should everyone "know" that running out and looting is a newly accepted norm --- i hope not.

#12     Aug 30, 2005
  3. Im not anti american Im anti-stupid. If you were on fire, yeah I would piss on you :D Where was bush when new orleans was drowning, he was on vacation. Yeah its finally a good idea to get back to work, after the disaster and not before. Where were all of the engineers and the scientists, didnt they know high tide was coming. High tide killed more people then the hurricane.

#13     Aug 30, 2005
  4. So if somebody robbed your house its a good thing...so dont call the cops because somebody robbed your house. Its open house because its ok according to you pissmo

#14     Aug 30, 2005
  5. this is where it exactly belongs. Hurricane katrina and its after effects will have more effect on the economy more so then 911. In fact the implications for oil and gas overshadows anything that 911 caused. This belongs here. Right in front of everybody. Everybody is trying to deny katrina and its effect on the economy, but its going tobe lasting. You have millions homeless, 90% of of gulf oil and gas production offline. The port of lousina which handles a third of oil and gas in the country offline. Also ports that handle most of the grain and products offline for weeks. Not only because it was damaged, but their isnt the man power, infrastructure to take items off and transport them. There isnt even power in the city right now, and wont be for 7 weeks.

#15     Aug 30, 2005
  6. Amazing, the rants going on.

Look at the situation. Alot of the people who are looting are dirt poor. They couldnt leave New Orleans even if they wanted to. No money, no cars, no means to get out of the place. Might not be the case for all the looters, but lets face it, who the heck would choose to sit thru a Cat 5 hurricane.

So now the stuff that they are ripping off is supposed to be such an issue that Mahram supports shooting them. Alot of this stuff, I am assuming, would probably have been thrown out anyway. These buildings will have to be rebuilt from scratch, infrastructure is destroyed. The contents of which would have been thrown out anyway. You think the owner or the corporations are going to go back and reclaim alot of this stuff? televisions, stereos, other gadgets? no way. To focus all of one's energies on the looters is insane. Give it a rest already.

#16     Aug 30, 2005
  7. Will looted Plasmas be on ebay tommorow?

I hope so..bargain time.

#17     Aug 30, 2005
  8. Yes and then the BLS can use the deflationary effects of looted electronics in recalculating their diluted inflationary statistics.

#18     Aug 30, 2005
  9. fan27

fan27

what about the cops looting....while being filmed :eek: :eek:

now that is stupidity.

fan27

#19     Aug 30, 2005
  10. there are always people who go, its not going tobe that bad. You see it everytime hurricane season comes to florida. You have people going, its nothing, then complain why they werent warned. Even the news, you didnt have any kind of this is going tobe really bad till the last minute. There is no excuse, during a time of crisis. You think the looting is just individuals looting, its entire gangs of people looting department stores. Organized, and well thought out. These people are even armed. Tell me how you would feel when your house is blown down, and you have a bunch of thugs coming rumaging throught your house. I think you would change your mind and say yeah those guys should be shot. To say these people are poor, its a good reason to act like thugs and pillage and murder. Those people are animals like I said, and should be shot on site. No excuses. Those people should be helping their neighbors not stealing from their neighbors.

#20     Aug 30, 2005