Looting in New Orleans..a new low for americans...and why we are minimizing the effec

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Z10 wants and rants for the NG but he doesn't want them to do anything about the looters. Typical leftist non-idea.

Maybe the reason he doesn't want looters shot is that they all look like good Dem. votes.

NO is controled by Dems. through and through. From the mayor on down.

#171     Sep 1, 2005
  2. Arnie

Arnie

As usual, 'Lil z gets it wrong again. It must really be frustrating to wake up every day as 'lil z. The country sucks, the president sucks, Republicans suck, the army sucks, the police suck, my trading sucks. Maybe you did a little research before posting you wouldn't look soooo stupid. I cite the follwing......

Sept. 1 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush ordered eight U.S. Navy vessels and almost 30,000 military personnel to the four Gulf Coast states ravaged by Hurricane Katrina to begin recovery operations that he said could take ``years.''

WASHINGTON (AP) - Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Thursday that 1,400 National Guard troops per day are being sent to New Orleans to control looting and lawlessness, quadrupling its regular police force by the weekend.

Already, 2,800 National Guardsmen are in the city to help local police since Hurricane Katrina produced devastating floods in New Orleans, Chertoff said at a news conference with Attorney General Alberto Gonzales. Another 1,400 Guard troops and military police units are being added daily, he said.

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon said Wednesday that it will add 10,000 National Guard soldiers from around the country to areas of Louisiana and Mississippi ravaged by Hurricane Katrina. A combination of troop callups and recruiting problems has left the two states with fewer of their own troops to provide aid.

WASHINGTON — The Army National Guard, already stressed by deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, is doubling the number of troops it plans to send to the Gulf Coast as it shoulders the massive relief burden for Hurricane Katrina, Defense officials said Wednesday.

The number of National Guard troops is expected to double to roughly 21,000 by today, for a total military force of about 28,000, including active-duty forces from the Army, Navy and Air Force.

#172     Sep 1, 2005
  3. That you would try to politicize this disaster is as base as you can get.

The fact is that we don't have enough law enforcement on the job to deal wiht the problem.

This is not a democratic or republican problem, this is an American problem and we are bereft of leadership in D.C.

#173     Sep 1, 2005
  4. So only after we see the looting that was predicted by many, Bush decides to take action.

It is Thursday already.....just like watching the 7 minute delay of reading a child's book while the country was under attack.....another example of Deer Bush in the headlights.

#174     Sep 1, 2005
  5. I wish you would show me where I said any of that. I just said use a chopper to mow them down. I am a uniter, not a divider.

#175     Sep 1, 2005
  6. ______________________________________________

Nearly every post to this thread you have made has had some kind of political overtone to it so a little responding in kind only sets the record straight.

You are amazingly blind to your own follies.

#176     Sep 1, 2005
  7. I believe it is time for President Bush to release some blow from his personal SCR (Strategic Cocaine Reserve). :D

#177     Sep 1, 2005
  8. Pabst

Pabst

I'm sure the libs would have been SO appreciative of Bush taking pre emptive action against BLACK looters.

Besides, when the flooding started Monday, the logistics of housing troops and transporting them around the flooded city would have been impossible. Thankfully no additional people were put at risk by being on the scene too early.

#178     Sep 1, 2005
  9. Choad

Choad

If it keeps on rainin', levee's goin' to break
    When The Levee Breaks I'll have no place to stay.

Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan
    Got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home,
    Oh, well, oh, well, oh, well.

Don't it make you feel bad
    When you're tryin' to find your way home,
    You don't know which way to go?
    If you're goin' down South
    They go no work to do,
    If you don't know about Chicago.

Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
    Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
    When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move.

All last night sat on the levee and moaned
    Thinkin' about me baby and my happy home.
    Going, going to Chicago... Going to Chicago... Sorry but I can't take you...
    Going down... going down now... going down....

#179     Sep 1, 2005
  10. TGM

TGM

Does the post below sound like I am punking someone?

And yeah if any of the looters are ET posters. I would not spare them.

"hcour,

By the way you are interpreting these things. I am guessing you are black. You and the zzzzzzzzzzz man are getting offended by something. Which is good. You should be offended. But not at the posters who are stating A = A.

If the looters were all Irish I would be too embarrassed to start drive by postings on this site in defense of their actions. That is a natural decent human response. I would not be defending the carnage by stating the usually pathetic line "they are oppressed" and all the other garbage rationalizations you spewed.

Frankly, I don't care what color you are. But these literalist interpretations of "lets read too much into his writings and oh he is applying a double standard" wreaks of "angry african". Or a stupid self effacing liberal.

And as far as CD's are concerned. Who gives a sh$t about those? I was stating what they SHOWED the Cops doing. Meanwhile you have a bunch wild animals roaming around attacking innocent people. Wait till we start hearing about the rapes and murders.

If you can't face reality. Go cry in the corner. Making excuses for people committing acts of violence is insane. If this was just about food and water and a couple CD's, there would not be such a outrage across the planet. There are planty of law abiding citizens (of all colors) making the best out of a horrible situation. I hope the National Guard shoots to kill when it comes to the thugs/looters."

#180     Sep 1, 2005