Looting in New Orleans..a new low for americans...and why we are minimizing the effec

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Aug 30, 2005.

1. No doubt if you were in their shoes or bare feet, having lost your home, having no where to go, sleeping like a homeless person, you would be verrrry rational....

#151     Sep 1, 2005
  2. hcour

hcour Guest

I wanted to quote this in its entirety, since only then can it be believed, but let's stress some highlights:
    Yes, I know, it's only right to steal from certain people in certain circumstances.
    (Speaks for itself.)

H

#152     Sep 1, 2005
  3. yeah but we are talking about the arm thugs who intentionally stayed behind to loot and steal. The ones shooting at rescue helicopters, they are the majority of the ones going in gangs throught neighborhoods,robbing everything in sight.

#153     Sep 1, 2005
  4. A cop sees someone running from a building with a stereo in his hands.

His first response is to shoot him?

In what world do you live in?

The fact that we don't have a national guard presence in there right now is Bush's fault.

If there was a national guard presence, or sufficient law enforcement...

Shit, we have reporters and others taking videos, but no law enforcement?

What a fucked up "HomeLand Security" system Bush has created.

Homeland Security is sending the National Guard to fight in Iraq?

Geez.....how pathetic, and undefensible.

#154     Sep 1, 2005
  5. its called a state of emegency, if Im not mistaken thats the law, or should I say martial law. How would you feel if that same thug who was stealing a tv decides its ok to rape your daugter, mother, or wife. Its only a jump, to that position when theirs lawlessness.

#155     Sep 1, 2005
  6. Enforcement of the law doesn't require shooting folks.

The problem is that we have no National Guard presence, they are off fighting in a bogus war.

We have no army reserves to call up to help, they are off fighting in a bogus war....

#156     Sep 1, 2005
  7. "I think there ought to be zero tolerance of people breaking the law during an emergency such as this, whether it be looting, or price-gouging at the gasoline pump or taking advantage of charitable giving, or insurance fraud," Bush said in an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Iraq? That's where the National Guard is, right?

#157     Sep 1, 2005
  8. Uhhh, Halliburton no compete contracts in Iraq?

Uhhh, Enron's gouging of electicity prices in California in 2000/2001?

Zero tolerance?

#158     Sep 1, 2005
  9. So perceptive of you AAA. Let us filter all events through our veil of ideology. Wonderful.

Thanks for explaining, too, that the propensity to loot is based primarily on skin color. And for implying that dark skin automatically makes one inferior, despite all scientific evidence to the contrary. Good to have these nice, simple explanations for everything.

What is it like to live with such a shriveled up pig-heart in your breast? Life must be full of joy for you.

m

#159     Sep 1, 2005
  10. I disagree, these thugs are now armed and roaming around like they own the city. These arent regular folks, these are gang members who puposivly stayed to loot and destroy. Why do you think they are shooting at rescue helicopters, destroying whatever communication equipment they can find.

#160     Sep 1, 2005