Looting in New Orleans..a new low for americans...and why we are minimizing the effec

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Pre-Landfall: Approximately 115 DoD personnel were engaged in pre-landfall response operations with liaison teams at state emergency operations centers.
    The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) provided prime power teams and technical assistance to ensure FEMA generators were operational. Pre-scripted contracts for ice and water were activated and numerous USACE planning teams were deployed to Federal and state emergency operations centers.
    Approximately 3,439 Army and Air National Guard troops were activated under state control for State Active Duty. They assisted in providing traffic control for the largest peacetime evacuations many of these states have ever seen. They provided security, transportation, and aviation assets, medical support, and emergency power and communications in each of their states.
    The DoD Director of Military Support (DOMS) established a 24-hour Crisis Response Center at the Pentagon in support of FEMA as the Lead Federal Agency. DOMS established contact with all potential DoD response organizations, coordinating requests for DOD assistance.

Of course that was Clinton's response to hurricane Floyd.

#121     Sep 1, 2005
  2. The view through the wind shield is the same view as the rear-view-mirror.

It's getting a little tiring with the same scenery.

#122     Sep 1, 2005
  3. I don't think he's upset over Walmart's shit getting stolen.
    I think it's the whole concept of a major North American city falling into complete anarchy.

Today's New Orleans reminds me of Dinkins' New York. When criminals are running wild on every street raping and pillaging, making the whole area unlivable, the natural reaction of decent people is to wish for a fascist control-freak to come and save the city. Giuliani was that fascist, and watching New Orleans burn, I can easily see why he was welcomed into NY's city hall.

Hell, I'm a Libertarian, and I think giving Rudy Giuliani immediate control of all N.O. rescue & policing efforts is probably a good idea!

#123     Sep 1, 2005
  4. I think Rudy is too busy preparing to be the next President of the USA... :)

#124     Sep 1, 2005
  5. ktm

ktm

Those of you who are sympathetic to the looters are missing the most important point. If the police do nothing to protect these businesses, what is the incentive for any business to serve inner city blacks? Who will rebuild there if they know that the first time blacks get pissed about something or have an opportunity to freely steal your entire business or burn it, that they will line up outside to do so. Look at LA, Detroit, NY, DC in 68 and all the other places that have burned because these people got pissed. The black community is always bitching that stores won't come to the inner city...gee I wonder why.

By the way, the police have no business doing search and rescue. There are thousands of first responders trained in the business down there doing the job. Most street cops have near zero training in search and rescue in a compromised environment.

The cops need to do their jobs and make it safe for those trained to rescue those that can still be saved.

#125     Sep 1, 2005
  6. TGM

TGM

Just wait till the world hears about the horrors in the Superdome. They will be some wild tales.

#126     Sep 1, 2005
  7. Late Wednesday, Tenet Healthcare Corp. asked Louisiana State Police and the U.S. Coast Guard to help evacuate one of its hospitals in Gretna after a supply truck carrying food, water, medical supplies and pharmaceuticals was held up by gunmen. (Related story: Looting rampant)

#127     Sep 1, 2005
  8. hcour

hcour Guest

To hell w/killing looters on sight, let's start shooting people who download free music. I bet lotsa these folks are white. I mean, would a black download Inna Godda Davida?

Equal Opportunity Looting - brought to you only on the internet...

H

#128     Sep 1, 2005
  9. how long do you think it would be for the men who are going nuts with unlimited power and they are armed to the teeth, decides they can take what ever they want. Including raping some woman in the middle of the street. Its only the little jump to that point, if a man can shoot a police officer right in teh head in front of the police station right now, then why not. So tell me if my shoot to kill order isnt justified.

#129     Sep 1, 2005
  10. Shooting to kill is not justified at all.

These are not your typical armed suspects, but looters.

Use Tasers and other non lethal weapons to enforce the law.

This is a bit like a riot situation, and in riot control they don't shoot to kill unless those who are rioting are armed.

#130     Sep 1, 2005