Looting in New Orleans..a new low for americans...and why we are minimizing the effec

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Looks like even the older people don't trust the pigs. Go figure.

#111     Aug 31, 2005
  2. Why are you arguing with him? He is a sick self-righteous idiot. Thousands, maybe tens of thousands people are dead or dying and the degenerate is concerned with Walmart's property which will be written off anyway. Leave him alone, he does not need your arguments he needs a good psychiatrist.

#112     Aug 31, 2005
  3. no its about thugs who are carrying weopens going in gangs stealing and raping throught every neighborhood they can find. Im thinking of survivors and how so many resources have tobe taken off search and rescue to police the thugs who are shooting and robbing rescue vehicles and rescuerers. Im sure if you saw the video of an ambulance being attacked by thugs with guns , trying to get to a man dying, Im sure you would change your mind.

#113     Aug 31, 2005
  4. You know, it just makes me angry to see the priorities of city/state/fed leaders during this type of emergency.
    Those guys are so worried about the walmarts and insurance cos. taking it in the shorts.
    They have hundreds of thousands of homeless people, and no plan to set up a refuge camp. :confused:

They keep telling these people to get out of town or we'll kill you. But that is just stupid, Where are these folks going to go?

Bush wants us to donate our money..for what? I'll not give the bastards a dime.
    But I'll go buy a cabin tent and sleeping bag and such things for a family to live on their own. Not a dime to a tax free corporation.

#114     Aug 31, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

Well this thread is still going strong. LOL.

The interesting part is that the looters will not be able to get out of town with their loot. They just said that the forced evacuation was in full gear and people would have to leave all their goodies.

I am waiting for clashes between the looters and the Marines.

#115     Aug 31, 2005
  6. Oh yeah, now all of a sudden it's about shootings, rapes and armed robberies. If this is what this thread was all about you should have made it clear. Nobody would have disagreed with you.

But that's not how you started the thread, if you re-read your own first two posts you'll see that your primary complaint was with people taking clothing from ambercrombie and electronics from best buys. People were dying, the government abandoned them and was not doing shit and you were whining about Ambercrombie and Fitch junk. That's disgusting.

#116     Aug 31, 2005
  7. Pabst

Pabst

New Orleans has the highest per capita murder rate of any major city in the U.S. Ironically the jump in homicides was news just a couple of weeks ago. So yea, New Orleans is a dangerous place. Don't be misled by the news reports. The "looting" is more criminal than just poor, hungary folk stealing essentials. Firearms are one of the most sought valuables among these looters. Not to mention THOUSANDS of addicts are drying out in the wettest of conditions. My prediction: New Orleans will NEVER truly come back from this. It was always just Detroit with charm, but I don't think tourists will ever get this image out of their minds.

#117     Aug 31, 2005
  8. Arnie

Arnie

looters should be shot on site, tagged as looters and buried. End of story. TFN.

#118     Aug 31, 2005
  9. I certainly agree that violent criminal activities in NO should be dealt with harshly, there is no doubt about that but that's not what the thread was about when mahram started it although he changed his tune later.

BTW The administration should have been prepared for this, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going to happen should the city be destroyed/flooded. Especially given this administration's experience with Baghdad looting. They should have had thousands of police officers from all over the country standing by and ready to be brought into the city hours after the hurricane. Another case of criminal negligence.

#119     Aug 31, 2005
  10. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

What a ridiculous comparison. Federal aid RESPONDS to state disasters. But proactive measures in terms of natural disasters are the responsibility of the states.

By the way, people who persist in the tired rear-view-mirror whining about Iraq reminds people why they should vote Republican in the upcoming elections.

#120     Sep 1, 2005