Looting in New Orleans..a new low for americans...and why we are minimizing the effec

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Aug 30, 2005.

1. mhashe

mhashe

I tend to agree with some of the posters who made an analogy to other disasters. Eg in the San Fran earthquake you never had roaming gangs of looters attacking each other and the police/rescures trying to save people. This is totally outrageous behavior and needs to be dealt with extreme harshness. Anyone who takes a shot at a rescuer/police should be shot on sight, point blank and his corpse left to rot. Just my $0.02

--------------------------

http://view.atdmt.com/TSF/iview/yhx...1H2ocA/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1125541522/A=2924277/R=0/*

excerpt:

Police said their first priority remained saving lives, and mostly just stood by and watched the looting. On Tuesday, an officer who tried to intervene was shot in the head and critically wounded.

#91     Aug 31, 2005
  2. its not about black and white, its about common sense. You have thugs out there not only looting but shooting at recuers,and robbing recurers. Its unexcusable. These people who are armed and looting were prepared before the hurricane to loot and steal. To say they are poor and black is an excuse its not. They are terrifying there own community. I think these scum should be shot and left on the street....or do what they did in christian times.....crusified so that people could see that this crap wont be taken.

#92     Aug 31, 2005
  3. How do you know this? Or are you just talking out your ass.

#93     Aug 31, 2005
  4. Oh great. :(
    Just what we need... another trouble maker that just won't die.

#94     Aug 31, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

I just saw a camera man on MSNBC following around two women police officers in New Orleans Wall Mart. They did not know he was there filming and they were LOADING up carts with goodies.

He then quietly crept up to them and asked them what the hell they were doing. One police women took the cart away while the larger Police Women took him in the other direction and told the world they were there to make sure there was NO LOOTING.

He then started laughing as all these kids were riding stolen bicycles by the cameras and all these other looters were laughing as well as going crazy. She then told him. He should not be in the store. He was making it hard for them to do their jobs.

You see in areas like this the police are more corrupt than the people. New Orleans had a HUGE bust sometime ago by the FBI. Something like half of the police force was on the take from organized crime/large drug dealers.

#95     Aug 31, 2005
  6. nitro

nitro

Oh man, I am at a SBUX and started laughing out loud when I read this.

No offense to the original poster because I hear what you are saying although probably misplaced, but this is funny.

nitro :D

#96     Aug 31, 2005
  7. guess what all 1500 police officers that were on search and rescue where taken off their duties and assign to police the looters. Now tell me how many people will die now that they stop search and rescue. And tell me why those looters shouldnt be shot, if your child needed rescue but they cant help her because everybody was out policing those morons. If your child died because of that wouldnt you blow the brains out of the first looter you see. I would, and the second and third and fourth, and as many as I could find looting..no matter the age.

#97     Aug 31, 2005
  8. You're wrong there was looting so bad that Mayor Schmitz issued a public proclamation ordering the police to shoot and kill anyone seen breaking the law on sight. This was not in his legal authority but he did it anyway. He was driven to this measure by the roaming gangs of violent drunken looters.

I hesitate to mention this fact because i know its going to make the "shoot 'em up crowd" feel vindicated. Haven't we already seen how stupid a shoot to kill policy can be in the UK?

There were also a lot of people committing insurance fraud by setting fire to their homes because fire damage was covered but earthquake damage wasn't. Frankly if my home was ruined and i had a family to take care of i'd probably do that too. Given that fact its hard for me to get moral on the looters.

People sucked back then just like they do now. In other words they're human and as far as I can tell we all suck.

#98     Aug 31, 2005
  9. No i'd be more upset by the people who decided that worrying about looters was more important than search and rescue.

because it turns out that sending officers out to shoot looters also keeps them from performing search and rescue.

I'll play the empathy game right back at you...

If you were separated from your child would you want all of america worrying about how to handle looters or how to find your child???

#99     Aug 31, 2005
  10. Lets think about this. A pig has a choice, do I save a child, or do I hunt down and shoot a bad guy.. get out of my way kid BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!
    Oh that felt good.

What does that say about the morals of pigs?

#100     Aug 31, 2005