Loonietics

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Ivanovich, May 29, 2008.

1. You missed your best opportunity about 5 months back.

#11     May 29, 2008
  2. I have a specific method I use for trading cad/usd and aud/usd.

Heavily involves the taylor method. Take a look at his book.

Its much shorter term but you might find it interesting.

#12     May 29, 2008
  3. Trackstar - I've deleted your commentary and other post regarding other pairs. As I said in the original post, keep it limited to USD/CAD.

#13     May 30, 2008
  4. Stop moved up to .99 - locked in 50 points as price spiked to .9975.

#14     May 30, 2008
  5. cstfx

cstfx

getting a nice move on that. Cool that you've locked in some profit on a retrace, but I think this does have a little bit to run. esp today. Dollar has alot of strength (relatively speaking) going into the weekend.

#15     May 30, 2008
  6. Nice call Yvan...
    In order to understand your money management, 250k makes your pip at 250$? right? so % wise why you do not decide to take your profit NOW than "risking" to limit your profit to 50 pips at .99 stop profit:)
    it can surely goes up to par...however the 5 or 10min charts show retracement below .99 so at .9934 you do the calculation 34pips at 250$ is good money to put aside...

For the love of the game

ZC:D

#16     May 30, 2008
  7. Oups i think its 25$ a pip...still thats a 1k profit + to add

#17     May 30, 2008
  8. Because if you believe the trade is a good one, and your direction is positive, you need to let winners run. You can't just clamp them down because they're positive.

Patience - especially in USD/CAD - is crucial in these trades and makes the difference between a good trade and an awesome one.

#18     May 30, 2008
  9. DRiSsT

DRiSsT

I wish i knew how to trade like you! "When i grow up, i wanna be like Ivanovich" :)

Luck Trading

#19     May 30, 2008
  10. That's not fair that the mods can delete posts from their threads to keep things "limited" to the topic. ET should extend that luxury to all thread starters to keep the "playing field level".

#20     May 31, 2008