Loonie ... the infamous USD/CAD

Discussion in 'Forex' started by usdoutlaw, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ok ... what is a miss?

#41     Mar 5, 2007
  2. Avg avbsolute miss in IVEY is almost 6 points, avg miss in non-man ISM is last year is 2.0 points

#42     Mar 5, 2007
  3. So from those "miss" definitions you just provided how would you rate the IVEY and ISM services numbers???

Because it seems ISM service index is a total miss ... and the IVEY index is back to pre-December levels

#43     Mar 5, 2007
  4. both were basically meaningless, see how CAD is unmoved

#44     Mar 5, 2007
  5. IVEY was particularly meaningless, not even an average miss and its a number than even when it misses significantly, rarely sees any followthough and rarely runs far in any direction. Thats just a fact, I keep data.

#45     Mar 5, 2007
  6. Ahead of CAD payrolls: they have come in above consensus in each of the last five reports, blowing it away three times. The average absolute miss has risen to 28.5K in teh last year.

Every time we’ve had a blowout January over the past 20 years (defined as 25K above the Q4 average), we’ve had a lousy February, with employment changes ranging from +9K to -35K.

#46     Mar 5, 2007
  7. Cannot argue with you there ...

Maybe IVEY is not the market moving event I kind of touted, sometimes it is.

Oh I can't wait for an inline Canadian GDP, lets see what that does.

#47     Mar 5, 2007
  8. do you trade CAD exclusively?

#48     Mar 5, 2007
  9. any thoughts on BoC meeting tomorrow, seems like it is suppossed to be a non-event?

#49     Mar 5, 2007
  10. I am pretty sure rate decision will be unch.

Speeches might jump into employment, wages, and maybe slowing economic growth.

I am not sure ...

#50     Mar 5, 2007