Looks like Yahoo Download API is now Dead - 11/1/2017

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by hayman, Nov 1, 2017.

1. ET180

ET180

There was a similar thread on here a few months back. Look for it. Maybe Google has free data.

#11     Nov 2, 2017
  2. I hear what you are saying but try to not be so negative. It is possible to "beat the machines", I even hear that there is a nice book out there on how to do it.

#12     Nov 2, 2017
    Jones75 and lawrence-lugar like this.
  3. hayman

hayman

Appreciate all the philosophy on this thread, but hear no recommendations on alternate sources of data (either free or paid) that could replace my original post.

And shame on Yahoo! for not having the decency to at least post a message indicating that the service is shut down, as opposed to a cryptic error number.

#13     Nov 2, 2017
  4. just21

just21

5. hayman

hayman

Anyone know if there is an undocumented GOOGLE equivalent to the following, that generates a CSV for multiple tickers in one shot:

https://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=SPY+DIA&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv

#15     Nov 2, 2017
  6. just21

just21

#16     Nov 2, 2017
    MarkBrown, DaveV and hayman like this.
  7. truetype

truetype

Everyone on ET squawks about phone-home risk with trading software -- "they might be trying to get my IP!!" -- but wants to get IP for nothing from Yahoo. Go figure.

#17     Nov 2, 2017
  8. hayman

hayman

So, I downloaded AmiQuote to test, and can download from Google EOD (Yahoo broken obviously), and there appears to be no way to generate a single CSV with EOD data from a list of tickers. Anyone know if the ability to do this magically appears upon license purchase?

#18     Nov 2, 2017
  9. just21

just21

You get multiple csv's? One ticker per file?

#19     Nov 2, 2017
  10. hayman

hayman

In the trial I downloaded, I specified 2 tickers, and run the download from Google. I need to download on each respective ticker to get the associated CSV for it, but would like a single consolidated CSV with data from each ticker in it (that is, one row per ticker). Not sure if the unavailability of this feature is due to it being Unregistered. I just emailed their customer support, with that an a few other questions. I'll post back here, when I hear from them.

#20     Nov 2, 2017