Looks like under Obamas watch, markets/economy rallying.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Already covered this:

"Obama's 'spendulous' was an abject failure by his own metrics. He warned that the unemployment rate could reach 8.5% if he didn't get his way. Well, he got his way, and unemployment moved over that level for almost 3 years anyway."

And those are with the "official" numbers.

#31     Feb 3, 2012
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Of course! This is an election year and the economic numbers will be stellar no matter what the reality. Do you recall those stellar economic numbers reported by the old Soviet Union before the collapse?

#32     Feb 3, 2012
  3. Yeah yeah yeah.
    If some conservative had won and sat on his hands, we'd be looking at a dead economy right now. Reference October 1929 to March 1933. Three and a half years.
    This time around, from September 2008 to March 2009 there was a fearful fall. Then stabilization, and now some growth. We're now close enough to three and a half years later to draw the contrast. It's pretty stark.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: by the end of this year, USG debt as a percent of GDP will be declining. That will be because of rising tax receipts on the one hand and falling benefits spending on the other. Just like in every other recovery.
    Another fearless prediction: you guys will still be talking about cooked numbers. In fact, you'll never stop talking about cooked numbers.
    Whatever. Losers will be losers. They always sit & whine.

#33     Feb 3, 2012
  4. What is happening is a good example why traders should not let politics get involved.

Shorting because you hate Obama is a bad idea, instead being politically neutral and just trade the numbers you would do better instead.

Anyone who shorted out of spite for Obama is doing real bad now.

#34     Feb 3, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Booked marked in my hall-of-fame ET bookmark folder. We'll revisit then.

#35     Feb 3, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're an idiot. It is unlikely ANYONE is shorting with real money because they hate Obama. People are shorting the market because the fundamentals suck, the amount of governmental meddling (central banks) in the market is unprecedented, risk/reward is overweighted, the financial system is corrupt, rigged and everyone is on the take.

The people you call the "bears" are people who believe that the manipulation can't continue forever and see the system for the sick reptile it has become.

#36     Feb 3, 2012
  7. Feel free. Check the bond market. You might want to listen to its message.
    Where's that QE3 you're so fond of? Must've got lost under the sofa cushions.

#37     Feb 3, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The QE3 is there, bud. It's just not overt.

As for what the bond market is saying, how can you possibly hear what it is saying under the loud Fed band playing Chubby's remake of "The Twist"?

If someone gave me unlimited amounts of money to borrow at near-zero, I'd also turn around and buy up treasuries and flip them back to the Fed (plus commission), fuck yeah! Sign me up!

#38     Feb 3, 2012

9. Republicans and Democrats select nominees
    Independents select Presidents

#39     Feb 3, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I got news for ya, Sport. Independents select "Presidents" from the nominees.

#40     Feb 3, 2012