Looks like they are already planning "The Empire Strikes Back"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Feb 2, 2009.

1. T-Dog, I assume the second one is by John Wensink. I have so many of the right wing extremists like AAA on ignore that I can't be sure. I think it's great that you feel compelled to speak to the Moron Troll as if his 'opinions', 'arguments' and 'positions' must be addressed and either endorsed or rebutted as if he was a legitimate actor.

In fact, this is not the case. The Fuckwit Alcoholic Z has shown innumerable times that he has no desire to show you the same courtesy. He is a liar and an intellectual fraud who runs and hides when anyone asks him to explain the blatant contradictions and errors in his posts. He accuses others of evasion and ad hominem and then in the same breath evades and insults. A fantastic example of his hypocrisy occurred last week when he posted, within hours of each other, two statements, first that the dominant culture's values define morality, and then, unbelievably, that they do not. Thanks to Mav for picking it up, see the thread which contains ZZZzzzzzzz's defense of pedophilia for more.

In my opinion, he has given up the right to be treated like a legitimate participant in debate around here. He won't answer my questions because he knows I will stay on his ass until all he has left is the posting of pink rabbit pictures.

I wish you wouldn't waste your valuable time and energy debating him - you of all people know that it's completely futile.

With regard to the fact that you happen to agree with some of his 'opinions' on U.S. politics, that's fine. If you need to post in his defense when the radical right weighs in, no problem. Pointless, in my view, but no problem. I just want everyone to shout him down when he claims that the rape of a 10 year-old child is morally defensible by appeal to cultural imperative.

By the way... I had no idea that you were involved in the (first?) banning of Z. One day you'll have to tell me about that.

#41     Feb 4, 2009
  2. 'Him' is the AssHat Troll. Sorry, English isn't my first language.

#42     Feb 4, 2009
  3. So you a saying it is moral to break the laws of our land simply because you believe the laws are immoral...

You always step in it...

#43     Feb 4, 2009
  4. Whoa. I think we may have something of a chicken-and-egg thing here. I think the argument can be made that there is an underlying morality or ethic behind some of the laws to which you may refer, and that morality and ethics can evolve. As for your reference to the laws or rituals of other cultures, I think most thinking people would agree on certain absolutes. If we can agree that empathy is what separates normal people from sociopaths, then we should be able to agree that if another culture has a law that allows the infliction of pain or hardship on helpless innocents, whomever they may be, then there is an assault on morality (or ethics, your choce) irrespective of what the particular laws condoning such behavior may be. Some wrongs in one culture may not be so wrong in other cultures. But there are wrongs that most thinking people would agree are wrong irrespective of cultural boundaries. Those laws that may inhibit basic human rights and simple dignity are universally wrong, whatever the law of the land may be. Again, empathy is the litmus test.

#44     Feb 4, 2009
  5. What is primary?

The law or someone's idea of what is moral?

Fundamentalist religions like Christianity and Islam claim that they don't need laws of a civilization to tell them what is right and wrong....just read their respective scriptures and obey.

That is what you are lobbying for?

By the way, what most people think is not a republic...

A republic is a nation of laws, not a nation of what people think.

Bottom line:

Laws, which change as concepts of law and what is right and wrong as the society evolves.

Look, we have the ET idiots going apeshit over what was a false accusation...but these same ET idiots don't give a damn if Muslim Pal children and killed by the IDF...

As far as some moral absolute, show me something closer to that than the Golden Rule...

The laws bring at least a chance at consistency of justice in America, the moralists bring nothing but mob rule...

#45     Feb 4, 2009
  6. The Zzztroll is suffering again from fecal coliform of the mouth.

Heads up, you stupid fucking asshole: just because there isn't a LAW against something, or it is part of a culture, does not mean it is harmless.

For example, RAPING 10-YEAR-OLD KIDS may not be against the law in certain Islamic countries, and in fact may be embedded in their culture, but that doesn't make it right.

Any culture, Islamic or otherwise, that tacitly allows the rape of children, is wrong to do so. Any moron like yourself who defends that culture's right to continue the rape of children, is an utter piece of shit.

Certain truths are self evident. One of them is that RAPING CHILDREN IS WRONG. Get it, you fuck wad?

You are morally bankrupt in every sense of the word.

#46     Feb 4, 2009
  7. ak15

ak15

Now that we cleared up the 'ambiguity', I say he has a right to post his opinions. I already know what you think. So, no need for any further input.

#47     Feb 4, 2009
  8. Yes, there is that. And we have both pointed it out and called him on it, time and again. It's a shame, really. I think Z is actually a lot smarter than many of his detractors. At times, he can begin to make a compelling case but then often goes off the deep end from which there is no return and for which he will accept no accountability. It is definitely a character flaw. We all have them. This one is his. I don't know if he is actually morally bankrupt. He may be, but he could just be a flaming, shit-disturbing troll. I think there may be a distinction in there somewhere. Maybe. The thing is that the Far Right pisses me off just as much. So when I see an unprovoked attack out of nowhere perpetrated for what I think is nothing more than political expediency by a member of the Far Right, as in the case of this thread beginning with the second post, well...

#48     Feb 4, 2009
  9. Yes, that is your opinion.

Fortunately, your opinion is not the law of the land...

By the way, if you want to quote where I said: "moral and legal" are synonymous...

Please do so. I demonstrated with the drink is legal, then not legal, then legal...that the entire time law took precedent and power over what people thought was or was not moral.

Moral and legal are not synonmous, obviously.

Laws are primary, morality is secondary. Only fundamentalist moral absolutists Bible thumping, Koran thumping people think and talk like that...

Want to test the point?

Break the law and tell the judge that you were morally right to break the law, because the law is morally wrong based on your opinion of right an wrong...

#49     Feb 4, 2009
  10. ZZZZzzzz with your twisted type of logic you would be against stopping the Nazi's from murderering the Jews.

It is no surprise then that you advocate the rape of 10 year olds.

ZZZzzzz admit it, you're a pedophile. Because you are a pedophile you distort the reality of your beliefs about sex with children so you don't accept the stigma that society places upon you.

In other words you are legally insane.

People who distort their reality can now actually have sex with children and actually think they are doing nothing wrong. This is how sick these people are. ZZZzzzz and other pedophiles suffer from powerful mental disorders.

#50     Feb 4, 2009