Looks like the UN feels we violated Osama's rights.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, May 6, 2011.

1. da-net

da-net

I haven't been on ET in quite a few weeks, but was curious on the forum's take on the assassination of Osama Bin Laden and the statements made by both the WH and Pakistan.

I see the usual discussion has ensued of finger pointing, but my take on the assassination is somewhat different as I have never been convinced that the WTC was not an inside job by the US Government. Yes, I understand that Osama took credit for it, but cops all the time get people confessing to crimes they did not commit, so until it is proven I keep an open mind.

My thinking is more like, maybe the assassination was to keep him quiet and not allow a public hearing. Details in a court of law could be very damaging.

The WH has changed their story so many times it makes Obama look like a better dancer than Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers and Cyd Charise all rolled up into one.

With the following statement from Gilani, <b>"Mr. Gilani said Pakistan's relations with the United States remain strong, but he warned against a similar operation in the future, saying that Pakistan reserves the right to "retaliate with full force."".</b> I wonder what he means exactly, but very interesting comment none the less.

http://www.voanews.com/english/news...ns-Criticism-of-bin-Laden-Raid-121513954.html

#31     May 9, 2011
  2. Extreme partisanship does make for strange bedfellows. Who could have foretold the radical right being on the same page as the U.N.?:eek: You boyz on the right best get your collective heads out of your ass in the next month or two, or are you just so enthralled with pissing and moaning you're willing to forfeit the 2012 election?

#32     May 9, 2011
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

Hey, these right-wing nutbags suffering from Obama Derangement Syndrome find themselves agreeing with -- wait for it -- ROSIE O'DONNELL!!

ROTFLMAO!!

#33     May 9, 2011
  4. It doesn't take much partisanship to agree that we shouldn't sponsor african style death squads and execution with no due process. Even a liberal should be able to agree with that.

#34     May 9, 2011
  5. "Due process" occurs in the procedure of justice. OBL, your preferred sanitized acronym for bin Laden was an avowed combatant against the United States. Even soldiers in war are
    granted due process. However, you assume that the American soldiers who invaded bin Laden's compound were there on an assasination mission, that they killed him without granting him the opportunity to surrender. Can you put yourself in thier shoes,
    deep in a foreign country, charged with apprehending or killing the perpetrator of the most deadly act of war on US soil, having
    been met by enemy fire upon entry to bin Laden's compound, and eventually face to face with bin Laden, now you want to condemn the elite forces of the United States military as political assassins? They said he was within reach of a gun. Do you doubt that? Perhaps you think OBL would have invited them to sit down for tea.

Why don't you charge the US with war crimes?

Osama bin Laden denied due process! Incredible! Artful D0dger is
    another traitor in our midst, one of the legions of agents for Islamic extremism whose task is to endlessly troll online, posting in the attempt to plant doubt among us, seed corruption within us, sow discontent between us, and beguile our young from the true aims of the destructive totalitarian Islamist enterprise.

You are neither artful nor a dodger, just a bottom guy. Don't worry, good HIV antivirals are available, for even guys like you!

#35     May 9, 2011
  6. WTF?! What are you talking about? The elite forces could have easily apprehended anyone and everyone in that compound. Do you have any idea the range of our military capabilities? There's a broad plethora of nonleathal weaponry which could have easily been used to render any occupant of that compound entirely unable to fight.

"Deep in a foreign country"? It's in a country which is our "ally" which we give aid to, to the tune of billions. They would have easily given us permission to go in and get OBL if we'd just notified them. In any case, permission or not is a much lesser issue. The fact remains we could have easily apprehended him without killing him.

Further, I never condemned our troops, they were simply doing what they were told, to go slaughter these guys. It's their job to do what they are told. They did what they were told. It's not their job to decide what the mission will consist of, it's their job to carry it out. The fault here is not on the part of the soldiers, who simply do as they are told to do, it's on the part of the executive order. Nice spin job attempt, but you'll have to do much better than that.

I have never seen any evidence that OBL was "in reach of a gun". But even if he was, they could have easily shot his arm or leg. There's no way our elite special forces could not have excavated one guy out of that compound, it was very much within our realm of capabilities. But that wasn't what their orders were... and THAT is the issue...

#36     May 10, 2011
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

I had no idea there were so many truthers on the right. I thought that was essentially a left-wing conspiracy theory, like being a birther means you're a right-wing conspiracist.

Not that I really care; both truthers and birthers are on my list of loony fringers. :p

EDIT: a friend just pointed out to me that leftie truthers think the Bush administration was behind 9/11 and rightie truthers think Jews, primarily the Mossad, were behind 9/11.

#37     May 10, 2011
  8. What the fuck am I talking about? I am talking about your elevating the rights and life of bin Laden in the attempt to score political points. The question is what are those political points?
    I suppose had they captured bin Laden you would have filed an immediate writ of habeus corpus, in your unwavering fidelity to due process.

And how do you know what the orders of the special forces were? Oh yes, of course the Pakistanis would have given us permission to conduct this operation. They LOVE us!!!!

Had this operation occurred under the Bush administration, would you be voicing the same concerns?

The answer is yes. Because you are an agent of Islamic extremism masquerading as an idiot. You are doing an excellent job, btw, on the idiot part.

Listen, can you give us a primer on the production and deployment of IEDs? You're my only contact in this area.

Thanks, g.o.b.

#38     May 10, 2011
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

+1

#39     May 10, 2011
  10. LOL!!! *I* am an islamic extremist agent, despite having donated generous sums to politicians who are on trial for "hate speech" against muslims Europe? Who was the conspiracy theorist? LMAO!!

Of course I would be critical if Bush had done the same thing, yet Bush's political enemies were given fair trials, and their was no questions about their executions. Too bad we can't say that for Obama, the African death squad leader. Then again, western, occidental concepts of due process, class, and dignity are foreign to such people.

#40     May 10, 2011