Looks like the hush payments came from the campaign donations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Aug 22, 2018.

1. piezoe

piezoe

I think it is coming out that when Manafort had to become less visible, cohen filled in as the laison to the Russians. I think he will tell Mueller that the Steele report of him being in Prague in the late Summer of 2016 is correct, and he was there to arrange payment for "help with the election" from Russian hackers, the same hacking outfit Manafort had used for help with the Ukraine campaign. Manafort was probably responsible for setting up the necessary connection for the Trump Campaign but once Manafort became exposed as someone who should have registered as a foreign agent he of course could no longer be seen taking an active roll in the Trump campaign. It is at that time it would seem that Trump tapped Cohen to take over the laison role with his "Russian campaign helpers". The steele report turned up the meeting of cohen in Prague and identifies his contact there. (If cohen corroborates that, then it should be over for Trump)
    My guess, and it is only a guess, but the timing fits, is that 50K for tech services billed by Cohen to Trump, that Trump directed be paid from the "Trust" run by his two oldest sons, was used to pay the Russian hackers. Perhaps the hackers who hacked hillary's server, or did some social media stuff or what not. The specifics are yet to be determined.

This entire picture is now beginning to fit together like the final pieces of a large jigsaw puzzle.

I would think that it would be a very good idea for the DOJ to provide some personal protection to cohen. I think he might be in some personal danger. As that one bit of information I mentioned here could alone be the end for Trump.

#21     Aug 23, 2018
  2. piezoe

piezoe

I supposed we should not be surprised that "Trump's Pecker" got him into trouble.

#22     Aug 23, 2018
    bone likes this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

#23     Aug 24, 2018
  4. bone

bone

Your Trumpgasm is, well, premature.

• Lanny Davis is emphatically stating that the Steele Dossier’s allegations about Cohen are “100 percent” false. Davis claims that Cohen “never, never, ever” went to Prague, as the dossier alleges
    And BuzzFeed is refusing comment.

“Thirteen references to Mr. Cohen are false in the dossier, but he has never been to Prague in his life,” Davis said Wednesday in an interview on Bloomberg.

Cohen last publicly disputed the dossier on June 28, when he wrote on Twitter that the “dossier misreports 15 allegations about me.”

“My entire statement must be quoted – I had nothing to do with Russian collusion or meddling!” he said.

What’s more, Cohen testified to the House Intelligence Subcommittee that he had no prior knowledge of the Trump Tower meeting. Lanny Davis reconfirmed that to Axios yesterday.

So as you can see, relying upon Cohen and Davis to bring your Trumpgasm to completion would be quite the tease I’m afraid.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    #24     Aug 24, 2018
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Question: Timing. Cohen's statements you quote may have been made before he began cooperating with the prosecution . I would accept Lanny Davis's recent statement regarding Cohen not having been in Prague, contrary to the Steele report, as very likely true. Of course it is possible that the party or location cited in Steele's report was misidentified. Mueller and Steele are friends going back many years. They worked together to expose FIFA corruption and I'm certain Mueller has very high confidence in Steele and his integrity. But Steele himself has said that he could not corroborate everything in his report.

Let's be patient. My post is based mostly on conjecture from putting various pieces of the puzzle together in a way that is consistent with observation and publicly known facts. Of course, when it comes to conjecture about those things yet to be revealed to the public, I could be wrong. We still, so far as I'm aware, don't know what the 50K$ for tech services billed by Cohen and paid out of the Trust was for.

I have made one quite obvious error. Based only on what we know so far, I underestimated the extent of criminal activity that may be directly connected to Trump. And I vastly underestimated how accepting many would be of criminal behavior in their President. And too, the ready acceptance of pathological lying amazes me. Yes, we have had lies , and serious ones, from other Presidents, but nothing like the barrage of continuous exaggerations and outright lies we get daily from Trump. Only Richard Nixon, in my Memory, comes even close. There is much more to come, and I am pretty sure we won't have to wait long.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    #25     Aug 24, 2018
  6. Poindexter

Poindexter

Put your Obamacare to good use and get psychiatric help.

ohub9q - Copy.jpg

#26     Aug 24, 2018
  7. Poindexter

Poindexter

It's a mental disorder. Even after your post, poor piezoe can't fully process it and grasps at other straws to maintain his delusions. :(

#27     Aug 24, 2018
  8. bone

bone

Well, I'll admit what possibly you choose not to admit in public: that the 2016 general election presented a dilemma more than a choice to many voters. I personally saw both Trump and HRC as deeply flawed persons. Most Trump voters knew his was a deeply flawed personality before November 8, 2016. You ask what would change Trump voters minds and force them to abandon their tribalism: IMHO that would be him cheating on his wife or committing a serious crime undermining the United State's best interests while in office as President. That would also compel a substantial number of Republicans in the House and Senate to denounce him publicly and abandon him. In my mind that's the only scenario I could envision where you would get 2/3'rds of the Senate to vote to Pass a House Impeachment Resolution.

Most Republicans view the Mueller investigation through the same prism as most Democrats viewed the Starr investigation during President Clinton's term - as orchestrated tribal witch hunts.

Say what you will about Nancy Pelosi - but like many old horses she has a long memory for certain things. She remembers that the House Republicans pursuing an impeachment vote without the votes in the Senate dearly cost the Republicans. Ms. Pelosi held the gavel in the House for over a decade courtesy of the House Republican impeachment debacle.

#28     Aug 24, 2018
    gwb-trading likes this.
  9. piezoe

piezoe

ha ha ha. Not only can I see there photographs, but I can name them. Trump surrounded himself with people who had either direct or indirect connections to Russia and Russians. You only make your self appear naive with your childish posts.

#29     Aug 25, 2018
  10. The lengths you will go...

"Cohen, known liar." You sure you want to go down that road defending Trump?

#30     Aug 25, 2018
    piezoe likes this.