Looks like PPT is jamming the futures

Discussion in 'Trading' started by detective, Jan 23, 2008.

1. McCain needs a boost in the polls.

#11     Jan 23, 2008
  2. Bears throw in the towel? PPT is the only reason? Good God, is everything a frigging comspiracy to you guys? I can see why 95% don't make money, you are too busy looking for answers (or somebody to blame)...Anyone who did not cover their shorts at the open yesterday deserves to be crushed. I am still short some sindividual stocks, but was out of index shorts this morning. Now i'm dipping my toes into buying some stocks...

#12     Jan 23, 2008
  3. :D Ain't that the truth.

#13     Jan 23, 2008
  4. Seems a perfect time to reshort

#14     Jan 23, 2008
  5. It's like ancient peoples and an eclipse of the sun. They don't understand what's going on so they default to "it's the boogie man!...aghhh...lookout!"

#15     Jan 23, 2008
  6. They're hammering the bonds

#16     Jan 23, 2008
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

We'll see. I've seen so many nice looking hammers (and other reversal signs) on the way down from the S&P 1500s area, that it's hard to trust them. Looks like a short-term bottom for sure. Beyond that, I don't know.

#17     Jan 23, 2008
  8. Guys, its looks like everything is ok again. Buy the banks! Buy the homebuilders! Buy anything in crappy industries with horrible fundamentals!

The Fed just gave all speculators the green light to buy without worry, emergency rates cut will be used regularly to prop the markets.

#18     Jan 23, 2008
  9. Who is on the PPT? Is it just the Fed? Or does it include others like Goldman etc?

#19     Jan 23, 2008
  10. ystdy major insider buying.... some dood parked @1300 with his 2000+ lots offering got lifted in an instant...infact placing size on the ask was like pouring water in da sand. not to mention that 90% of trades went off @offer; size on each tick consumed with hunger.

#20     Jan 23, 2008