Looks like Obama is the raging left wing lunatic everybody said he was. . .

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Feb 26, 2009.

1. "sniveling?" "liberal?".

sir. you repeat yourself.

God, there was one on Stephanopolous this morning. That bitch hated everything. The only problem with a democracy.........these people are going to get us in such a mess, it's going to cost us treasure, lives, and years to get out of. and that's if we can do it at all. ONe of these times, we're going to be cooked.

#11     Mar 1, 2009
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You know if anyone might want socialized medicine it should probably be me, but it's just not a good system so far as I can tell. It's like gramma and grandpa, mom and dad, used to always say...if it seems to be too good to be true, it damn sure probably is. In this life there is just no such thing is sumthin for nuthin.

Read this article by Troy White. Troy is a top marketing consultant for small business in Calgary, Alberta.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

It started at around 12:15 pm on October 8th, 2000. A warm weather October day, we were sitting around the kitchen having some lunch. My wife Kari was 31 weeks pregnant with twins tucked away safely inside her.

My life changed right then and there.

She went to the washroom and came out looking VERY pale.

I’ll never forget what came next – “I think my water just broke!”

I thought she was kidding – the babies weren’t due for another 2 MONTHS!

She wasn’t.

Off to the hospital we went. Unfortunately our regular doctor was on holiday (why is it they are always on holiday when you need them most?). The doctor that saw Kari did his evaluation and went off for a few minutes.

When he came back, my life changed again!

“I’m afraid we have a problem” he said in a thick British accent. “There are no incubators left in the entire province – we are going to have to send you to another province.”

A province of 3 million people and hundreds of incubators for premature babies – and they are ALL full.

Next thing we know, less than an hour and a half later we were on a Learjet with a medical team at our side – on our way to Vancouver.

By this time we were scared to death about what was happening and what state the babies were in.

We got to the BC Women’s Hospital in Vancouver to a very welcome reception and prepared medical team. They did their thing and informed us on what was happening. Kari’s water had broken – 9 weeks early. They wanted the babies to stay inside as long as possible to help their lungs develop further. So they gave Kari some kind of steroid shot specifically designed to help premature babies lungs develop faster than usual.

The next 2 days were pure torture … Not knowing what was happening … how the babies were … and what would ultimately happen.

On October 10th, 2000 right around 1:17 pm Kari started having labor pains – this is it!

Emergency c-section was in store as both babies were laying in there breach. At 3:03 Katrina was born and at 3:06 Hailey was born – they both came out screaming so we knew their lungs were fine (6 years later those lungs work just fine still – very healthy – and loud).

Katrina was just under 3 pounds – Hailey just over 3 pounds. Tiny – but healthy.

From there, it was a whirlwind. Every day we would go visit them in the nursery as often as we could – watching them – cuddling them. (Kangaroo Cuddles they call it with preemie babies - when the parents hold them tight against their bare chest and cuddle them for 30 minutes at a time. It gives the babies a chance to feel close and warm to the parents they are so used to being close to – especially mom. It helps them develop faster – and is medically proven for preemies to help them grow in a world they were not supposed to be in yet – they were supposed to be doing this growing inside Kari for another 2 months.)

Kari stayed in the hospital all this time – I wasn’t allowed. I stayed at the Ronald McDonald House accommodation wing. They treated me like gold – and gave me fast access to see both Kari and the girls.

As stressful as this time was for the both of us – I will always remember the Ronald McDonald house for the fantastic service they had.

Hailey and Katrina ended up staying in Vancouver for 3 weeks, then a Calgary hospital for 2 more. Finally, they returned home all healthy, happy and a little bigger (just about a whopping 6 pounds when we took them home).

So THAT is why the Ronald McDonald house is my charity of choice. They gave me peace of mind in an incredibly difficult time. They provided a home to the dad of my beautiful 2 girls … and they gave me a memory that will never fade.

#12     Mar 1, 2009
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I hope you all read Troy White's story very carefully.

This is a guy who makes several million dollars per year, and he lives in a major city (Calgary, Alberta) of nearly 1.5million people.

When his wife went into premature labor there WAS NOT A SINGLE INCUBATOR for his twins IN THE ENTIRE PROVINCE!

Keep in mind Troy is rich by Obama's standards, heck he's rich by most people's standards...yet he was totally powerless...there was not a single thing he could do but hope they got to Vancouver.....several thousand miles away from home....on time.

Then he and his wife had to stay in Vancouver, a strange city thousands of miles away from friends and family.

That is socialized medicine.

That's what American's have been begging to have. We have been misled into thinking this is somehow a superior system to the one we have??? We will get it...enjoy.

#13     Mar 1, 2009
  4. Hey Brandon

I have a few friends who are health care pros in AB, including one doctor. This article shocked me so I called one of them up just now and asked them about the idea that there are no incubators in Alberta. Before I share with you their response, I wanted to ask you for a link of some sort to the material you quoted in this thread.

#14     Mar 1, 2009
  5. TGregg

TGregg

While I'm not Brandon, I'd like to point out the relevant text:

TraderNik, I'm sure you realize this but wanted to make the point to the many who find comprehension challenging that this is not a claim there are no incubators in Alberta. Rather it is a claim that they were all in use.

The post is easy to google:

http://www.wildwestwealth.com/ronaldmcdonald.htm

#15     Mar 1, 2009
  6. Shit, mea culpa. I'm leaving my post up even though I could delete it. If I'm wrong I believe in admitting it like a man (not like the Idiotic Alcoholic Troll). I know Brandon and I know he's not a nutcase, that's why I asked him for a link instead of just laying into the idea that there are no incubators in AB.

I'm actually a decent reader, I just didn't bother to read through the entire bolded passage above.

Thanks TG and sorry Brandon.

#16     Mar 1, 2009
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

no worries here.

#17     Mar 1, 2009
  8. achilles28

achilles28

No different than Bush.

Both parties are working the same agenda from converging ends of a narrowing spectrum.

The new paradigm is Big Government, less freedom, endless "Crisis", and endless spending.

We live in a Fascist Country.

Fascism is when Corporations Control Government.

America is controlled by a small cartel of private Bankers, Wallstreet and the Defense Industry.

Miltary-Industrial-Banking-Complex.

And how about those open borders, anyway??

Good thing Obama is Hawkish on Border Security. Just like Bush.

Its a joke, brother.

This Country is fucked.

#18     Mar 1, 2009
  9. I fully agree except you forgot about the healthcare, green energy and every other bullshit spending proposal in the stimulus packages.

NBC shuts out blue dog democrats in presidential debates.

Fox News shuts out Ron paul from their debates.

The bigger the government the smaller amount of individual liberty.

The country is fucked beyond belief.

#19     Mar 1, 2009