Looks like Joe the Pumber was the game changer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock_trad3r, Oct 16, 2008.

1. The "lying cheat" part shows McCain's bad judgment.

The tax point is silly as 36vs39% ain't no big deal especially if you have a good accountant.

Or as Warren Buffet put it:

“There’s class warfare, all right, “but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Seneca

#31     Oct 16, 2008
  2. Hmmm, pretty conflicting stuff there, Pabst.
    You know I'm closer to Anarcho-capitalism than anything else - and that is pretty close to Libertarian as well.
    I'm not as "ethnically harsh" as you are, I just call ideologies on their flaws.

If you would remember my earlier posts - I think that Rhodes Scholarships are pretty indicative, just like Skull & Bones -- and Clinton was a Rhodes man. But that is "old-money" elites pushing their agendas - along with Freemasonry etc.

... and science is not bullshit, but one needs to understand more than just some simple or separate scientific facts. :)
    Neo-conservatives have been the most devastating influence on American politics in modern history - no doubt.
    Together with "old-money" elites, they have corrupted politics and some big business, with the increasingly stronger ties.

McCain is toast - and it's just as well that people start accepting that, and don't get so wound up that they start entering the sphere of US Secret Service attention. Some never understand when it's "game over."

#32     Oct 16, 2008
  3. Candid photo of McCain after he got the news that Joe the Plumber was :

Not a plumber
    Not a voter
    Tax Cheat

[​IMG]

Seneca

#33     Oct 16, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

1) And how was McCain supposed to know the guy lied about being a plumber?

2)Good accountant? As in getting out of paying through loopholes?

3)Buffet is a pretty smart guy. But he's NOT always right you know.

#34     Oct 16, 2008
  5. McCain FAVORS REDISTRIBUTION of WEALTH or if not, why pick Palin:

"The key to Sarah Palin's popularity in Alaska might have something to do with the fact that this Friday, her administration will give every man, woman, and child in Alaska a $3,269 check. What did Palin do to free up this kind of money? She increased the oil tax from a 10 percent gross revenue tax to a 25 percent profits tax. The result was a massive influx of cash to state coffers. BP, for example, saw its state taxes increase by 480 percent. "

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_...tax-heresy.aspx

Palin lead this effort to pass a WINDFALL tax on oil companies (note to conservatives: last I read, you thought the best way to produce LESS of something was to TAX it) and then cut a checks totalling $3200 to each citizen. NO wonder she is popular.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...laskatax07.html

ANd to top it off, this $6 billion tax had enough left over so that Ak could go on a spending spree.

So Palin the alleged conservative, redistributes wealth and is a tax and spend liberal.
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...ed_under_palin/

Seneca

#35     Oct 16, 2008
  6. You don't get it do you stupid fuck? WHO OWNS THE LAND? The people of Alaska. If I own a property and give you the opportunity to farm it, you in turn pay me. Pretty novel concept, huh?

#36     Oct 16, 2008
  7. 1. If you are going to make someone the center piece of your debate, you make damn sure you know about the skeletons.

2. As in getting all your legal deductions.

3. Buffet is not always right, but he is spot on in this comment.

And assuming Joe was to make 250k plumbing he likely would pay LESS taxes under Obama.

Because, under Obama's plan, half of medical insurance for a small biz is deductible where under McCain it is more.

Likely he will pay a few hunder more in income tax but the deduction for insurance would more than offset it; assuming he is making about 250K.

Seneca

#37     Oct 16, 2008
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Wrong is wrong, and right is right. At least be consistent. Under your thinking above it's perfectly fine for the Feds to go ahead and put a windfall tax on the oil companies as well, just like Palin did, because most of the land they use is Federal. It's a stupid idea, regardless of who's it is, Palin or Obama.

#38     Oct 16, 2008
  9. Land ownership as I expect you to know is divided amongst the USA, the State, the County, The City and the individual; so I disagree, Ak does not own the land; they are part owners.

The oil companies paid huge sums to lease and develop these resources; so why should they be subject to a tax and spend and wealth redistribution scheme that Palin and others got passed to make themselves popular by cutting $3200 checks to each citizen?

Then why did McCain and almost all other Republicans oppose the windfall tax on a national level? This is a Jimmy Carter IDEA:

From FOX NEWS:
    "
    Republican Sen. John McCain criticized Sen. Barack Obama's call for a windfall profits tax on the oil industry on Tuesday, despite leaving the door open to the same idea last month.

The presumed GOP nominee leveled his attack in prepared remarks in which he said the next president must be willing to break with policies of both the Bush and Clinton administrations to reduce dependence on foreign oil.

"This was a troubling situation 35 years ago. It was an alarming situation 20 years ago. It is a dangerous situation today," the Republican presidential contender said.

While McCain was speaking in Texas, the energy-producing state that is home to President Bush, he is attempting to chart his own course on energy issues. He parts company at times with the Bush administration as he courts independent voters, opposing drilling in the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge, for example. Yet he announced on Monday he favors lifting the federal moratorium on offshore drilling to allow states to decide whether to explore coastal waters, an approach backed by Bush that drew quick criticism from some environmentalists.

McCain criticized Obama, his Democratic rival, repeatedly in excerpts of a speech planned for delivery Tuesday evening. He cited Obama's advocacy of a tax on excess oil industry profits as well as the Democrat's vote for President Bush's energy legislation in 2005.

McCain reserved his sharpest words for the windfall profits tax.

"If that plan sounds familiar, it's because that was President Carter's big idea, too. ... I'm all for recycling, but it's better applied to paper and plastic than to the failed policies of the 1970s," McCain said in the excerpts."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/0...a-for-proposing-windfall-tax-on-oil-industry/
    S

#39     Oct 16, 2008
  10. Brandon it's NOT the same. A tax on windfall profits derived from the use of GOVERNMENT OWNED LAND and a tax on corporate income are DISTINCTLY different. This is a justice issue I agree with Hugo Chavez about. In most OPEC nations the "people" share the profits. Why? Because it's the peoples land. IMO broadcasters should LEASE the airwaves. Why should the FCC give someone OUR airwaves so they can become a billionaire monopoly?

#40     Oct 16, 2008