Looks like Boehner and Obama just reached a deal on the debt ceiling.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jul 21, 2011.

1. How would you interpret what he wrote in response to my post?

#11     Jul 21, 2011
  2. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

#12     Jul 21, 2011
  3. pspr

pspr

Lucrum For President!

#13     Jul 21, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Pretty weak logic on your part.

If I was talking to a friend and i said to him:

"hey i just broke my leg, so I cant walk, but on the bright side, my girlfriend is doing all the cooking and cleaning, until i can walk again."

Would that somehow mean that i was happy that i broke my leg?

#14     Jul 21, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

It would at least mean you have the brain power to philosophize (and possibly have a sense of humor). Which on this board, among those on the right, you are virtually alone.

#15     Jul 21, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Proof that things could get worse.

#16     Jul 21, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Only if ending 3 wars, welfare, pork, wasteful projects, federal agencies and balancing the budget is "worse". But then by your standards I guess that would be worse.

#17     Jul 21, 2011
  8. Nice try. A better parallel to what you wrote earlier would be:

"As a couch potato, I wouldn't mind being waited on hand and foot, which comes with breaking a leg."

The difference is that in my example, the broken leg sounds pretty good to the speaker. It's a question of nuance. And wondering "how badly Boehner pussed out" for coming to an agreement with Obama, even before you knew any of the details of such an agreement, suggests that you're rather partial to that broken leg. And that's not quite so nuanced.

#18     Jul 21, 2011
  9. Yes, let's leave it to a creationist apologist, whose upper body strength doesn't quite enable him to pick up a book and read it in its entirety, to solve all country's problems just by saying so. And then he'll walk on water, again just by saying so.

#19     Jul 21, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'll save him the trouble and interpret it for all.

Gabby is a weak, spineless, chicken shit, self righteous, closet gay, bleeding heart, moon bat pussy.

If you need any further elaboration, please, don't hesitate to ask.

#20     Jul 21, 2011