Looks like another day of thrills and spills

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Didnt you quit trading for good yesterday??:confused:

#11     Jun 13, 2007
  2. actually,we`re on the same page here......it`s the gov`t the owns the information & lie like a rug to the american people......this is old news.

i should`ve mentioned their infamous revisions downward to paint the Mona Lisa..........a nice pretty pic. :p

#12     Jun 13, 2007
  3. Sponger

Sponger

So I guess its safe to say that none of us trust the government:p

#13     Jun 13, 2007
  4. Yep!

#14     Jun 13, 2007
  5. Absolutely not. Who can trust one of the worst run businesses in the country?! :D

Well, it's a self-satisfying business but the dividends seem to me to be on the decline.

#15     Jun 13, 2007
  6. Is there any volume? Or did futures do all the moving?! :D :confused:

The most volume I see is in the one stock I'm watching that I know the company is buying back shares of. :p

#16     Jun 13, 2007
  7. not a bad day so far but the last hour will be important. Hopefully no sell off.

#17     Jun 13, 2007
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Buy the dips worked so far regarding the YM. Short plays just aren't following through. These days with news toss my system out the window.

#18     Jun 13, 2007
  9. What's your system? I've thought about getting a platform like "Button Trader" and when you see all your T&S flashing green due to bot buying you could make easy scalping money. Then again, I'm moving away from sitting in front of the computer all day and that wouldn't help.

Cheers:D

#19     Jun 13, 2007
  10. maxpi

maxpi

It's all proprietary via Tradestation but common stuff, trend lines, volume oscillator, averages of several kinds. Some of it I developed and most of it I just downloaded from the Tradestaton forums. All put together it works ok, keeps me in trends and tells me when they bend.

I was afraid to follow the system today because of news but looking back I see it was working, just not like usual.

I was going to start making calls in the chatroom but I noticed there are some guys that just type all day there, useless chat room here for calls.

#20     Jun 13, 2007