Looks like Ann has wandered off the Trump reservation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Feb 1, 2019.

1. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...uld-be-standing-with-gm-workers-not-tim-cook/

President Trump ought to be in Michigan, Ohio, and Maryland standing with laid off American workers at General Motors (GM) rather than meeting with Apple CEO Tim Cook at the White House, One America News‘ Ryan Girdusky says.
    During an exclusive interview with SiriusXM Patriot’s Breitbart News Tonight, Girdusky said Trump must stand with GM workers who are being laid off in Michigan instead of meeting with corporate CEOs to demand the U.S. import more foreign workers to compete against Americans.

“Why isn’t Trump in Michigan right now standing with those workers? Why didn’t he tweet about it today? … these are people whose, literally their towns are going to die,” Girdusky said. “They will have nothing left of places that they’ve lived in for generations. This is their ancestral home for many of them, they don’t have any other place. And it is on a death sentence because of what GM chose to do.”

rather than being there and rather than going there and being with those workers who voted for you, who broke ranks with the Democrat Party and their unions and tradition and they may have lost friends and family members and their children may not speak to them because you decided to put on that red MAGA hat — the president should be there with them and instead he’s with Tim Cook … saying ‘We need to bring in foreign workers.’ [Emphasis added]

“If you’re an American man and 0nly 66,000 new jobs have been created for you in the last year, I’m sorry the consequences of voting for Trump were so heavy on some people that the level of betrayal that they must feel when the opioid crisis is worse, illegal immigration is worse, the trade deals have not come in … the wall is not built yet, we’re still in foreign wars,” Girdusky said. “Why vote for Trump and lose connections with family and friends when he’s going to govern like Jeb Bush?”

This year, GM announced it would stop production at four of its U.S. plants, including Detroit-Hamtramck and Warren Transmission in Michigan, Lordstown Assembly in Ohio, and Baltimore Operations in Maryland.

At the Lordstown plant, alone, about 4,500 American workers have been laid off since 2017, as well as 900 American workers who have been put out of a job in supporting industries in the area. This year, 1,600 GM workers are being laid off at the Lordstown plant.

Girdusky said the Trump administration is stacked with officials who are promising lower level staffers that this presidency will soon be over and Vice President Mike Pence and former United Nations (UN) Secretary Nikki Haley will be in the White House eventually on the GOP’s old globalist platform.

“There are a lot of people in [the Trump administration] … that enough people close to the president are telling the staffers, telling those 20-year-olds, who are keeping documents from the president every single day from Breitbart and from other conservative outlets saying ‘Don’t worry, after Trump you’re going to work for a [Mike] Pence and [Nikki] Haley ticket and you’re going to have Pence and Haley in the White House and it’s going to be Bushism all day long,'” Girdusky said.

“If that’s the game plan, run with it and we’ll see how it goes,” Girdusky said. “I’m saying in the limited polling I’ve seen, there is a sizeable portion of the base who are saying ‘I’ll just sit this [election] out and maybe I’ll get better relations with my kids after all.'”

#51     Mar 11, 2019
  2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

That would be awkward considering he promised to prevent those layoffs and punish companies severely if they did so.

#52     Mar 11, 2019
    piezoe likes this.
  3. http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/2...sistic-conman-trump-lying-media-at-forum-club

WEST PALM BEACH — Aside from the 600 or so people who came to hear her speak at the Kravis Center on Monday, conservative flamethrower Ann Coulter says it’s hard to find people she can talk to now that she’s directed her scorching criticism on President Donald Trump and his failure to build a U.S.-Mexico border wall.

“It’s frustrating,” Palm Beach resident Coulter said at a Forum Club of the Palm Beaches luncheon. “I can’t talk to Trump detractors because, as the subtitle to my last book indicated, they’re insane. I can’t talk to the Trump flatterers because they think as soon as it comes out of his mouth, it has happened. No, he’s an excellent talker. It’s just when it comes to doing anything that he falls down on the job.”

Rivaling Trump as a target of Coulter’s ire was the media.

“Trump may be a shallow, narcissistic conman, but that doesn’t mean the media are not the enemy of the people. Both things can be true,” said Coulter. She later said the one positive of Trump’s presidency could be the “total destruction of the lying media.”

Coulter, a Trump cheerleader in 2016 because of his hard-line stance on illegal immigration, has become a harsh critic of the president, accusing him of failing to back up his rhetoric. A December Coulter column calling Trump “gutless,” along with criticism from other immigration hard-liners, is credited or blamed for goading the president into insisting on $5.7 billion in wall funding and plunging the federal government into a 35-day partial shutdown when congressional Democrats refused.

Trump recently told reporters he hardly knows Coulter and described her as “off the reservation.”

But Coulter was on the president’s mind during his weekend visit to Mar-a-Lago. The president called her a “Wacky Nut Job” in a Saturday tweet and insisted “I am winning on the Border. Major sections of Wall are being built.”

In her luncheon speech, Coulter compared Trump to the late President George H.W. Bush, who lost his 1992 re-election bid after breaking his promise not to raise taxes.

“The first George Bush, for example, ‘Read my lips, no new taxes.’ OK — he said it one time at the convention. One time. Trump talked about building the wall at least once a day for 18 months,” Coulter said.

If the wall-supporting Trump base isn’t energized in 2020, Coulter said, “the nightmare scenario is that Democrats — and they have gone mad — that they elect someone completely crazy, just wild left-wing. That’s the debate right now, are they going to go with someone half normal or are they going to go with an AOC type?” Coulter said, referring to left-wing freshman U.S. Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, D-New York.

In an audience question-and-answer session, Coulter fielded a few questions about her caustic style.

“Do you believe your work helps to heal our nation’s divisions or make them more pronounced?” said one written query submitted by an audience member.

“For one thing, who cares about divisions? That’s how democracy works,” Coulter replied. “I think we could use a little more honesty in our political discourse. I’m hard-pressed to name another political commentator who isn’t making money off taking a particular position, on the left and the right.”

Another questioner asked: “When troubled people are animated by extreme rhetoric, do you ever become concerned or question your style? And do you have any thoughts about the vitriolic political climate and how it might incite others?”

“Yeah, I have something to say: Grow up,” Coulter responded. “I promise you nothing I’ve said comes close to what’s said about me live on national TV. Look, we live in a democracy. We’re supposed to have roiling debates ... ‘Why can’t we all just get along?’ OK, give in to me — we’ll get along fine.”

#53     Mar 11, 2019
  4. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Ann Coulter.... always a bomb thrower. I stopped paying any attention to her before Trump was elected.

#54     Mar 12, 2019
  5. TJustice

TJustice

Just to show how full of shit you are and provide proof you are paid to post nonsense and leftist propaganda... regardless of whether it is responsive to the other sides post...

This is part of what I wrote...
    "San Francisco and other localities have passed measures allowing illegal aliens to vote in local elections and just a few days ago a vote in the house made news... for those who don't read leftist news....
    six months ago the house voted to condemn the concept of allowing illegal aliens to vote.
    Now 41 members switched sides and refused to condemn illegal aliens voting in elections. "

yet your response pretended I did not address the local politics...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    #55     Mar 12, 2019
  6. piezoe

piezoe

you understood nothing. You read stuff that any person with an IQ over 100 knows instinctively is a distortion of truth and you, like a little pitiful gullible guppy, instantly buy into it. You are demagogues', like Donald Trump, dream mark. Not only did the House democrats not condemn localities that have decided aliens should be allowed to vote in certain local elections they voted not to concern themselves with the issue at all. they are addressing Republican attempts to make it difficult for legitimate, citizen voters to vote in national elections and trying to do something about it. And by 2021 they will succeed. The Republicans are self destructing by tying themselves to a criminal administration. If you let crap into your brain, your brain will turn to crap. Yours already has: guppy crap.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    #56     Mar 12, 2019
  7. TJustice

TJustice

Its a little to late to cover up for you obviously non responsive paid propaganda.
    Even now you just wrote bullshit because I had already explained to you what was going on.

Another 2 bucks in your pocket... eh?

You a talking about democrats here... you know the team... AOC telling capitalism is sick instead blaming cronism.

Democrat who now oppose a wall they were in favor of 20 years ago.

The difference between you and I is... that you are smart guy paid to be deceptive and support almost all the politics of one party except global warming as you pretend to be a libertarian.

I am guy who realizes both parties suck and I say it frequently. You are supporting a corrupt party in a corrupted by crony money 2 party system.

If you can't admit it... you are lacking in integrity.

#57     Mar 13, 2019
  8. piezoe

piezoe

A logical question is why do you pick the worst of the two parties to support with your vote. You voted for the worst by far of two criminals. And you support the criminal party that protects them. If you have to choose, logically anyone would choose the lesser of two evils. But you, you chose, voluntarily, no one forced you, the greater of two evils!!~! How bizarre!

#58     Mar 14, 2019