Looks Like All The News Shows Recession Over

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by EMRGLOBAL, Sep 28, 2010.

1. I caught the sarcasm, I just don't understand why people care about what the spin of the day is within the media. For every bullish article you can find a bearish article. My point was that it matters not what the headline of the day is, whether it be bullish or bearish.

#11     Sep 28, 2010
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Olias, the media has a very large liberal bias. They love the dumbocrats. They know that if they can keep the Country torn/divided, they will be able to sell sensationalistic stories that pumps their ratings, sells ads, and puts more cash in their wallets.

MKTrader, you nailed it! Agreed.

#12     Sep 28, 2010
  3. olias

olias

I agree with your statement in general, but I don't think this is a case of the liberal media trying to form public opinion. It is the role of the NBER to study the data and determine when we're in a recession or not. I don't consider this 'looking under every rock' either.

#13     Sep 28, 2010
  4. Freakonomics: The Hidden Side of Everything

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/03/nber-economists-on-the-candidates-economic-plans/

The Economist contacted all the economists in the National Bureau of Economic Research (N.B.E.R.) — a sample that would include just about every top economist in the United States

Remarkably, only about 10 percent of these economists self-identify as Republicans. Nearly half of economists called themselves Democrats; the rest were undeclared. Since when did economists get so liberal?

#14     Sep 28, 2010