Looking to trade professionally, directly with the banks

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by buzz buzz, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Thank you all, especially Kevin Schmit! You've been very helpful

#11     Mar 12, 2006
  2. Frege

Frege

Saxo Bank is a Danish bank, and they are regulated and their customers protected by the Danish bank laws.

#12     Mar 12, 2006
  3. Frege

Frege

Synthesis uses the Saxo Trader platform as a white label like Etrade in Denmark and UK does (Global Trader).

PS. I have been trading with Saxo Bank in 3 years, and never had any problems. They have a fine customer service - much better than IB.

#13     Mar 12, 2006
  4. Alikosan

Alikosan Guest

Of courcse Saxo is good but not perfect.
    I think exellent counterparty could be Dukascopy.
    Even its some ibs like www.invest2forex.com offer trading via personal account with credit suisse.

#14     Mar 12, 2006

5. Saxo is bad and very unstable platform and not to mention other malpractices, don't go far and check their terms specifically about their market making role.

Dukascopy is in Switzerland but replies are always from russians. Also you ask them a question they will answer it a month later. O yes $25,000 for such a nice broker services is reasonable. Try their demo nothing but slippage in fact they even give you a disclaimer saying the prices do slip.

#15     Mar 12, 2006
  6. Get yourself an account with a PB like RBS, either direct or via a broker. Then set up an account with various ECNs like Currenex, Lava and hotpsot via the one PB. At the end of every day if you are long with one ECN and short with another it all sets off.

Avoid all the other ECNs like MBT - they are awful and 'banks' like Saxo.

#16     Mar 12, 2006
  7. wwx

wwx

Hi Lon Eagle

Does PB mean Prime Broker? How does one go about setting up an account through a broker? Can you provide some names? Do they look for private individual clients (in addition to corporates)? Can you give some indication as to the minimum requirements (eg, account size and monthly trade volume)?

Thanks!

#17     Mar 12, 2006
  8. Frege

Frege

As a Dane I can assure you that Saxo Bank is a real Danish bank. This means your money are safe - up to 30.000 euro.

#18     Mar 12, 2006
  9. Yes PB is prime broker. In London Cantors, Man , ODL London Capital will all act as a broker for RBS.

They will trade for individuals not just corporates.

Not sure of minimum account size but I know you are really expected to trade in say $1/2m+ per trade.

#19     Mar 12, 2006
  10. has anyone had a negative (or positive) experience with Man Financial

#20     Mar 14, 2006