Looking to trade professionally, directly with the banks

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by buzz buzz, Mar 11, 2006.

1. I feel honoured to have been picked out thank you.

I know I can't compete with you but perhaps you should read a little more carefully. You call me Lion - and seem to make a big point about how it contradicts being an Eagle- but it is Lon - no "i". Reminds me of a little joke my 6 year old told me once - something about no i-dea - seems strangely apt.

I hope you are better at trading than you are about my experience. Have worked full time in fx for 17 years- never had another job. Bu thats enough about me - lets hear more about your experiences and how you can all help us.

#121     Jun 25, 2006
  2. Mishima

Mishima

http://www2.oanda.com/cgi-bin/msgboard/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=006230;p=1

http://www.forexfactory.com/forexforum/showthread.php?t=5289

Stop hunting is a common occurance and should be documented on as many boards as you can possibly get it.

Now, for all you older and more experienced traders. Before you break out you ego, please. Do me a favor, LOOK at the context before you decide to reply.

This is being put here to also show newbies and maybe even other members who aren't new that just don't know about stuff like this. What really goes on,

here's some solid proof of stop hunting.

#122     Jun 25, 2006
  3. Another PR genius! :D

#123     Jun 25, 2006
  4. bl33p

bl33p

What's the point of the Oanda thread? Read all that junk through and in the end it becomes clear that the guy who complained of stop hunt didn't even get his stops triggered. Just wanted to give strange market action a catchy subject.

One man's stop loss is another man's buying opportunity.

Look at usd-jpy jun 21 asian session, 4 hour view will do fine. Is the drop down to 114.36 a stop loss hunt, normal market action or a great buying opportunity for those who knew to be ready and believed in the continuation of the trend? It's all of them depending on your view. However the stop loss hunt is the least supported hypothesis. I had a buy order at 114.50. Probably someone else had their stop in there.

#124     Jun 25, 2006
  5. Not if you sell to me and it keeps going lower its not...:D

#125     Jun 26, 2006
  6. toby400

toby400

(Referring to the picture and someone's quote - " DON'T FEED THE TROLL)

I wish I'd thought of that riposte:) :D

#126     Jun 28, 2006
  7. exactly the point! and with a little research its not that difficult to find who they are and there is quite a lot of choice around in US/UK pro environment... as for running stops, my view fwiw: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1115852&highlight=stop#post1115852

the retail traders who want to believe that a reputable US/UK based forex broker has time for their stops are seriously deluded...

#127     Jun 30, 2006