Looking to trade off a Laptop while traveling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by earlybirdstango, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Simex

Simex

I searched since I'll be taking a trip through Europe and was looking for ideas-probably take a mac Air. Anyway, saw this guy's post, and realised his blog (http://thenomadictrader.blogspot.com/) had 1 post-the intro, and no follow up. No trip, huh? Too bad :(

#51     May 31, 2012
  2. AK100

AK100

I never dream about it.

Successful trading is a very hard business, it's also a very serious business and you're up against some of the baddest, meanest bunch of people on the planet. These are the people you're trying to take profit from and they're taking it very seriously, not part time, sitting on a beach, perhaps another drink or swim before checking prices etc.

My advice is simple. Work proper hours from a proper office when it comes to trading. Then go travelling and forget about those marketing pictures you see on the FX bucket shops, you know the ones with the laptop by the pool........

#52     May 31, 2012
  3. Handle123

Handle123

You are right, hard business, more experience you have one starts to think a bit differently on where you can trade, and often times day trading is pattern randomness. Some will say there are trends others see random motion, way I see price is like a teter-toter at least in ES then stairsteps one way or another. I use to think I had to be in my office to be able to concentrate fully, but now I can be anywhere and go straight into "tunnel vision" once I see a trade present itself, I don't notice anything other than my laptops. But always have backups, 2nd laptop for backup broker and solid bars for cellphone. Don't know about beach, sand and laptop though.

#53     May 31, 2012
  4. http://www.gscreenlaptop.com/ - 2x17" on a laptop

I think the best you can get right now ;)

Alternative is a mobile compute r- asically the whole computer folds into a carrying case, including the keyboard and the screens. No battery, but standard parts...

http://www.acmeportable.com/productline/seahawk

The Seahawk 200 PLUS has..... attention.... 6 (!) x 17" screens. Variants with 3 screens also exist. That is less for "trade while travelling" (with emphasis WHILE - i.e. on airport etc.) but very good as mobile base, i.e. pack up, put into car, be ready in new location in 5 minutes.

#54     Jun 1, 2012
  5. the most mobile business grade notebook is the 12.5", 3.5LB, thinkpad X220 or X230 with an IPS display. I just ordered one for myself.

#55     Jun 1, 2012
  6. new samsung series 9 ultrabooks are coming out in 2-3 weeks. 15 inch model is very nice for trading, 1600x900 res high quality screen. comparable build quality to macbook air.

#56     Jun 1, 2012
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I have a Sony S Series 15 inch laptop. It's really light: only 4.5 pounds. But the build quality is pretty crap so I don't expect it to last more than a year. It worked fine for me while traveling in march (for 3 weeks around india and the middle east).

#57     Jun 1, 2012