looking to start trading es & nq

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by blb078, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Cheese

Cheese

NihabaAshi, thank you for those links. Already subscribe to MyQuote as well.

Have I got this right - does YM mean mini-dow? Is there a thread here for discussion of the Dow index?

#21     Sep 9, 2003
  2. DONT :)

#22     Sep 9, 2003
  3. blb078

blb078

can you give a reason why? i trade stocks sucessfully, i've been watching and learning the es & nq, i'm not saying i'll be able to trade them sucessfully, it's just something i want to try and see what happens, i'm not going to jump in and start trading 10+ contracts, i'll start w/one and if i start to make money at it i'll increase to 2 contracts and so on.

#23     Sep 9, 2003
  4. It wouldn't recommend TGP+. It's for real lamers only. I'm amazed people are still using that kinda stuff. Do you want to have an edge or not?

Get something proper, like Futures-Trader or ButtonTrader

www.futures-trader.net

www.buttontrader.com

Buttontrader definitely is the very finest, you can do fully customizable and automizable trading strategies, all the way to advanced scalping strategies here. Not only the easiest, prettiest (hey - this baby has volume pressure charts!!!) and most comprehensive software, but also one of the most reliable of all. And it's improving everyday. Multiple order-split strategies with different exits from an n'sync entry? No worries! Full simulated scalping strategy testing on recorded live day sessions? No problemo. ButtonTrader is the deal. Bother to read the 500 pages of manuals. It's really worth it. It's as close as you can be to god.

I think the next better thing (if any better) would be a platform like X-Trader. However, this will set you back some $500+ per month, so I wouldn't recommend that unless you're turning over a lot and setting it off with commish / rebate. Why throw $ away? ButtonTrader should do the job for almost anybody.

Have fun with these, and good luck...

~Scientist

#24     Sep 9, 2003
  5. Except that you did not get the point. He is just starting... he does not need all this fancy stuff. Bracket Trader 2003 is the best for him and it's free. Can be used as a simulator and for real life trades as well. If you can't make money with BT2003, you won't make it either with whatever fancy stuff is out there.

#25     Sep 9, 2003
  6. Well, I don't think you're getting my point here.

"Fancy Stuff?" :confused:

I don't think there is any better software for a beginner than either of those I have mentioned. They both surpass BracketTrader in usability, user-friendliness and reliability.

ButtonTrader has the most realistic simulator-feature you can get, and it's free as long as you use it in simulator-mode. You can even record a day-session and play it at night. You can even chart the day-session replay in QuoteTracker!!! And all this is free!!!

Beats the crap out of Bracket Trader, particularly for beginners!
    You haven't even seen the progs I'm talking about, otherwise you wouldn't recommend this one. It's a POS. Also, the ones I've mentioned are very inexpensive in the real-trading mode.

No reason for a newbie to start with rubbish software. Might as well use something good to start with, so he can save himself the time to re-learn later on. Use your brain. Cheers.

~Scientist

#26     Sep 9, 2003

7. LOL...thanks, I'll check it out!

#27     Sep 9, 2003
  8. :p

Was wondering how long 'till somebody quotes me on this.
    I had no idea it would happen so fast...

~Scientist

#28     Sep 9, 2003
  9. lindq

lindq

Ridulous to recommend software designed for entering and managing trades, when this guy is a newbie who doesn't yet know which end is up. Button Trader, Bracket Trader, whatever, is far in his future after he masters the basics.

#29     Sep 9, 2003
  10. Momento

Momento

He would need more than 5k to trade the YM tho.

#30     Sep 9, 2003