Looking to Start Own Account

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Fletch71011, May 5, 2011.

1. I have been trading options for a living for the last year and a half, and have a couple hundred thousand saved up that I would be willing to invest in my own trading account. I mostly trade indexes and a couple equities and like to write naked options and trade big risk spreads. Because of my strategies, I'm looking for a company to clear me that won't be giving me a call to ask me to cover my risk every single day, and thus I am looking for recommendations based on your overall experiences. Other big pluses would obviously be cheap transaction costs and portfolio margin being a must. I'd also like to be granted customer status if I decide to go the individual route. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Sorry to bump this, but is there any advice at all here as to good groups to start with? I'll be honest, I don't really know where to start.

3. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Sounds like to have the assets and experience to open you own Customer Portfolio Margin Account. I can help. We are Introducing Brokers to Merrill Lynch Professional and Penson Financial and provide a variety of solutions for Hedge Funds, Trading Groups and Active Traders.

Send me an e-mail with your contact information and we can set up a time to talk.

Bob
    -----------------------------------
    Robert L. Morse
    Business Development

VICTOR SECURITIES
    285 Grand Avenue
    Building No. 3
    Englewood, NJ 07631
    rmorse@victorsecurities.com
    office: 646-545-3860
    http://www.victorsecurities.com/
    ----------------------------------

4. cstfx

cstfx

Take a look at Greenmoor Financial in Chicago. They're setup mainly for the option crowd. They can help you setup a prop desk if you want or refer you to "non-affiliated groups" if you want to join one. Just google them and see if they would be a fit.

5. emg

emg

maybe you should tell the OP we are an introducing broker to bank of america instead of merril lynch. That way, your brokerage will shine under the name bank of america the most trusted bank worldwide

6. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Where did you end up?

7. opt789

opt789

In the gutter after selling naked options and not wanting to cover his risk “everyday” and leaving his broker with a debit?