Looking to Sponsor Trader in PA

Discussion in 'Trading' started by t-time, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Agree totally.

Why not join a prop firm and go trade with other people in an office.

#11     Nov 30, 2005
  2. 10k :)

#12     Nov 30, 2005
  3. Surdo

Surdo

100K whadya got?

#13     Nov 30, 2005
  4. t-time

t-time

Maverick74:

Thanks for your input. I already have a number of people Iam speaking with that are like what you described.

Maybe I am unrealistic and maybe this is not the correct forum, however I would like to think that if people find success, some might want to share that success. I am one of those people. If I could come up with a specific trading scheme that worked, I would share my ideas with anyone that asked. Now I know that most people on this website are probably the direct opposite and I am OK with that, however maybe there is that 1 person who has been doing this for a while, has a modicum of success, developed good mgmt skills in his/her training, lives close in proximity to myself, and is bored to death sitting in a basement all by themselves. Maybe they are looking for some additional capital, and, more importantly, some camaraderie. Sounds like a decent trade-off to me, that is why I posted the request.

I wish you luck in your future trading.

All the Best,
    t-time

#14     Nov 30, 2005
  5. t-time

t-time

Peilthetravleler:

I am at a stage of my life with family and job which prohibits me from joining a Prop Firm. I truly believe that there has to be one person out there that sees this opportunity as one which can be beneficial to both parties.

Why is it so unrealistic to people that I have made this request? Are people so self-absorbed and selfish that they would want to hide all their success? I hope not.

All the best,
    t-time

#15     Nov 30, 2005
  6. t-time

t-time

Surdo:

Please see my previuos post:

I am not an eccentric millionaire and I am not a penniless fool...I have this request out there to get some decent reaction...So somewhere between penniless and a million would be about right....

Again, this is not about the money for me, it is about developing a local relationship with like-minded individuals. If I put up $10K and someone is doing 2-3%/month, why not shove a little more in. If after 6 months I develop a friendship with this person, and, most importantly, I can trust this person, then I would put up additional monies...

t-time

Good Luck To You...

#16     Nov 30, 2005
  7. t-time

t-time

coolweb:

Not sure what you mean by your post. If you are insinuating that 10K is not a significant amount of money, then I am sorry. This is an internet forum board and quite honestly if I can afford to back someone with 50K, 100K or 250K why would I broadcast that to hundreds, if not thousands of traders?

Suffice it to say, if I find the right opportunity, I would, like most people I hope, start conservatively to see what that person is all about. After verifiable proof of success, I would re-assess the situation.

Good Luck to you,
    t-time

#17     Nov 30, 2005

8. hi t time,

i admire your overtures, what you are trying to do appears honorable, not sure why you are getting any flack. just out of curiousity where are you in PA ?

surfer

#18     Nov 30, 2005
  9. t-time

t-time

Hi Surfer:

I am in a NW suburb, approx. 30 minutes outside Philadelphia. Just a short ride down the Blue Route to your neck of the woods, the Mainline...I read on the Surf Report that you had a good year - Congrats! If you would like to converse off-line, please let me know.

All the Best,
    t-time

#19     Nov 30, 2005
  10. King of P ?

#20     Nov 30, 2005